Syphon tap

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
coatesg

Syphon tap

Post by coatesg » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:16 pm

Hopefully an easy one - my tap on my syphon is rubbish (it's the white one you get for about a pound) - it now leaks from both the joint between the tube and the tap, and from round the tap's valve too.

Is there any better syphon tap or option anyone uses? (I don't bottle from a bucket with a tap, so the little bottler is out).

Ta muchly!

Horatio
Under the Table

Re: Syphon tap

Post by Horatio » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:59 pm

I use a bottling rod that syphon tube just pushes over. I too do not have tap on my FV and the bottling rod works really well for me. I do us a tap too and it is only a cheap one but have never had any probs with it; just lucky I guess!
If I had all the money I'd spent on brewing... I'd spend it on brewing!

jason123

Post by jason123 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:49 am

Take a look at the brupaks bottler. it should work fine by tap or syphon. H&G have them for £3.95 +P&P.

I bought one last week and will be trying it out soon but it certainly looks like bottling will be easier. I got it because I had the same cr*p tap myself.

coatesg

Post by coatesg » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:00 am

Cheers chaps - I'll take a look at the Brupaks bottler - maybe using this with an auto syphon to get the thing started. (Currently, I fill the syphon with water, close tap and then insert into beer and run the first tube or so's worth into a a cup and discard - this doesn't look like it'll be an option with the bottler).