My New Brewery

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
Grahame

My New Brewery

Post by Grahame » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:00 pm

Hi guys,

Finally got myself a big garage to brew in and have started work on my new brewery layout. I already have all the brewing equipment ready to go, just need to build the stand (which my father in law is doing this week).

My layout will be as follows, unless anyone can see any glaring errors!

I have a kegerator setup as well holding 2 cornies and this setup will allow me to use 2 more through the flash chiller. I will get those plastic storage boxes for the shelves and use them to house all my bits and bobs.

I will update this thread with new photos as and when it all goes together.

What do you all think?

G.

leedsbrew

Re: My New Brewery

Post by leedsbrew » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:06 pm

looking forward to seeing it progress matey! :D :D :D

WishboneBrewery
CBA Prizewinner 2010

Post by WishboneBrewery » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:21 pm

I'll be following suit fairly soon, just as soon as the builders, plumber, electrician have finished and we've moved in and decorated!
Maybe a couple of months away I'll be constructing something almost like yours :)

adm

Post by adm » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:12 pm

Looks good! You can't beat the good old gravity powered triple tier layout for ease of use....

TravisB

Post by TravisB » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:24 am

Nice set up!
very jealous! :lol:

EccentricDyslexic

Post by EccentricDyslexic » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:25 am

Looks good, why not consider a valentine arm for draining the wort into the boiler? See my sig for details, your set is similar to mine. =D>

Steve

DarloDave

Post by DarloDave » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:35 am

Great set up, Thats the thing I'm gonna be going for in about year when i've moved house.

pantsmachine

Post by pantsmachine » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:46 pm

Looks good. Make sure you leave space to get in about to clean up any spills(think what materials you are using in which areas). Don't know what height your set up will be when built but make sure its stable and pinned back to a wall(lot's of hot water cascading over you will dent the initial brewday). Look forward to seeing the photo's of the build and good luck, it's lot's of fun!

Grahame

Post by Grahame » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:02 am

Thanks guys!

I will definitely be pinning it to the wall. The whole thing is about 150cm high, with the HLT taking the total height to nearly 2m! I am going to the father in laws today so I will take some pics of the progress so far.

I still need to make my new Mash Tun (a 10 gallon coleman) but I will do a brew on my old equipment first to see how it goes.

G.

Grahame

Post by Grahame » Sun May 16, 2010 4:02 pm

Well, it has taken me a few months but I have finally finished Mark 3 of my brewery! I tried to take one pic of it but I cant get far enough away from it to fit it all into the photo so I have taken a few. I have also redone my mash tun and my boiler, with improved false bottom and hop stopper respectively. With any luck, I will put it through its paces next weekend.

G.

Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim » Sun May 16, 2010 4:21 pm

Nice set up! Looks nice and compact and well thought out. 8)
NURSE!! He's out of bed again!

JBK on Facebook
JBK on Twitter

WishboneBrewery
CBA Prizewinner 2010

Post by WishboneBrewery » Sun May 16, 2010 4:53 pm

Nice!
My effort isn't going to look that good, do you mind me asking how you did all the joints / construction?
Its a bit of 'Catch 22' with me at the moment, I have no bench / Vice to work with making it tricky to Make a bench / Brewery Stand!

Grahame

Post by Grahame » Sun May 16, 2010 5:24 pm

The joints are all mortice and tendon. I can't take credit for them though, my father in law made it to my specification. One thing not finished yet is the taps on the 2nd tier. I have the taps already, just need to get round to it.

G.

WishboneBrewery
CBA Prizewinner 2010

Post by WishboneBrewery » Sun May 16, 2010 7:16 pm

Grahame wrote:The joints are all mortice and tendon.
Ahh... the joys of a Router eh!
:)

JontyR

Post by JontyR » Mon May 17, 2010 6:03 pm

pdtnc wrote:Nice!
My effort isn't going to look that good, do you mind me asking how you did all the joints / construction?
Its a bit of 'Catch 22' with me at the moment, I have no bench / Vice to work with making it tricky to Make a bench / Brewery Stand!
Hi there pdtnc, I'm in Skipton and would gladly lend you a router and a workmate for a couple of weeks if it would help you knock something up. I know how frustrating it can be not to have the gear when you need it the most.

Just let me know if it would help, I'm through Keighley 2 or 3 times a week.

Cheers

Jonty