SSR (Solid State Relay) mounting

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
jason123

Re: SSR (Solid State Relay) mounting

Post by jason123 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:56 am

Waffty

is there any chance you could do a shopping list of bits and an instruction manual or "How To" guide. I reckon there might be a few people who might want to copy your work there, me included at some point. Great Job =D>

Waffty
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Post by Waffty » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:10 pm

jason123 wrote:is there any chance you could do a shopping list of bits and an instruction manual or "How To" guide. I reckon there might be a few people who might want to copy your work there, me included at some point. Great Job =D>
If/when I ever get the time, I promise to knock this up for you.

One thing I will add is that this design is nigh on bomb proof, as only Tuesday of this week, I managed to knock the PID controller off the shelf and straight into my fish tank. By the time I'd realised what was going on, the last air bubbles had finished rising i.e it was full of water #-o

Anyways, after checking my 12 year old goldfish was ok. I removed the pid from the case & removed the electronics out of the plastic housing & placed it on a radiator + did the same for the case [-o< I put it back together today (as there was no signs of water) and as if by magic, it sprang back to life :shock: :D :D :D
Fermenting - Nothing
Conditioning - Nothing
Drinking - Tea
Planning - Everything, if only I had the time ... !!

JackA

Post by JackA » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:48 pm

Stupid question, but does the female socket here connect to your heating element?

If so, what kind of cable do you call it?
EDIT: google fonud this: http://www.comms-express.com/products/i ... sion-lead/ but have you sourced any that handle 13amp?

Also, where do you place whatever is measuring the temperature (e.g. thermistor) in your boiler and how are you mounting?

I'd really love to get something similar knocked up myself!