s30 valve help

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
beer

s30 valve help

Post by beer » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:59 pm

hello all
shortly be going to put my flying Herbert into my budget barell,but every time ive used it in the past it loses pressure after about eight or so pints .so i want to upgrade to one of thesehttp http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Beer-barrel-k ... 5ad889c8e4 gas it up beer lasts longer :shock:

what im not sure about is will this valve work with the little bulb canisters you get in wilkos as i dont think i will be able to stretch to buying one of the Hambleton bard canisters as well (have to ask for a rise in my pocket money) yet.
so i may have to buy some of the little canisters just to put me on until i can buy a big canister

OldSpeckledBadger
Under the Table

Re: s30 valve help

Post by OldSpeckledBadger » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:06 pm

I believe that Hambilton Bard do/did make an adaptor which allows you to use 8g bulbs with an S30 valve.
Best wishes

OldSpeckledBadger

beer

Post by beer » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:30 pm

thanks old speckled after a bit more looking on internet ive found one of those about £8 on ebay so it looks like a trip to wilkos for the time being

Nunfa1

Post by Nunfa1 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:43 pm

If your barrel is loosing pressure after only 8 pints then I'd be inclined to think you may have a leak. Have you checked the condition of the white rubber washer? I also had an issue where the inlet rubber on the valve was letting by and gas was escaping through the valve. Other thing to check is the washer between the valve and the cap, this does need a smear of vaseline to seal properly.
I do think it's a good idea to upgrade to the s30 cylinder if possible, it works out much cheaper. One thing to be aware of though is availability. Do you have a HBS near by to get refills?