Cheap Cornies!!

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
Ianb

Cheap Cornies!!

Post by Ianb » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:20 pm

I've posted this here as well as on the "bargain basement" forum. I've only done this to try and stimulate as much interest as possible. I want my cornies now!!!

A chance conversation in the pub last night, and a couple of hours detective work this morning have un earthed what I think could be a bit of a bargain.

Cornie kegs at £10 each

The drawbacks are that I have to buy fifty at a time, and they are ex service, not cleaned and polished and are therefore un tested.

I'll take ten, so I need to move the rest. I can look into delivery, but I'd prefer people to collect. I can meet at the M62, to save anyone having to try and locate the hacienda.

Come on guys, take the other 40 off my hands!, you know you want to!

PM me if you're interested

Ian

louthepoo

Post by louthepoo » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:45 am

Do they have lids?

johnmac
Under the Table

Post by johnmac » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:57 am

If they're complete with lids, no severe dents and just in need of o-rings and cleaning, I'll take five.

Oh, and we also need to make sure they're ball lock and not pin lock.

Gurgeh

Post by Gurgeh » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:05 pm

well if anyone can bring two into essex, I'll buy one on their behalf...

Vossy1

Post by Vossy1 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:51 pm

Hi Ianb,

If they're in good nick, like JM said, I'll take 10 8)

Meet on the M62 no probs, but might have to dodge traffic :roll: :oops:

Forgot to mention, make sure there not from the 'failures warehouse'....where corny's go to die :shock:

Ianb

Post by Ianb » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:17 pm

louthepoo wrote:Do they have lids?
Hi Lou (?) I believe they are complete ex service, so they will all have lids and posts.
gurgeh wrote:well if anyone can bring two into essex, I'll buy one on their behalf...
One forum member suggested a cheap carrier that I am investigating. Could someone let me know the dimensions of a keg (I don't have any yet, thats what all this is about!!!!) and weight? Costs will be bubble wrap, packaging grade cling film and transport costs. I'm hoping it will be less than a tenner for single units

I called round today to try and get a look, but the yard was locked up and the dog wasn't too friendly, so I abandoned.

If they are not too good, or close to scrap, then I'll let everyone know and call the whole thing off. As I said previously, I believe they are all ex service and have been acquired as users have converted onto bag in box systems.

The good news is that enough people have expressed an interest for me to get the first fifty. I'm trying to get a van from work this weekend, so hopefully I'll be picking them up on Sunday. I'm also hoping that I'll be able to "cherry pick" the best ones. The only thing is this is all being done on trust. Please don't let me down!

If anyone else wants some, keep on letting me know, he might bring the price down a little if I turn up wanting a hundred! :D :D

One hundred Cornies :shock: .....Mmmmmm.....think of all that shineyness!! 8) 8) 8)

louthepoo

Post by louthepoo » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:32 pm

i'll have 4 then :D

i can pick them up no problem

PieOPah

Post by PieOPah » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:23 pm

... Sorry, just realised something so edited post out.

I can't do the CO2 so need to get a cornie with S30 converted lid.

steve_flack

Post by steve_flack » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:39 pm

Andover Patio center do CO2. Is that near you?

...or use midget widgets. You can connect those to the normal posts using one of their handles and a disconnect.

PieOPah

Post by PieOPah » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:42 pm

steve_flack wrote:Andover Patio center do CO2. Is that near you?

...or use midget widgets. You can connect those to the normal posts using one of their handles and a disconnect.
Not so much not being able to get a CO2 bottle, more a case of the wife not wanting me to get one (She is the Health and Safety Officer at work and so at home. She dictates no so I can't have one :()

steve_flack

Post by steve_flack » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:44 pm

So midget widgets it is then - even though they're just small CO2 cylinders. :roll:

Have you SOPs for each brew?

Andy
Virtually comatose but still standing

Post by Andy » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:47 pm

:lol:

H&S strikes again!
Dan!

PieOPah

Post by PieOPah » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:49 pm

steve_flack wrote:So midget widgets it is then - even though they're just small CO2 cylinders. :roll:

Have you SOPs for each brew?
I'm surprised the wife hasn't made me write any out along with a risk assessment - especially with that much boiling liquid around :D

Vossy1

Post by Vossy1 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:04 pm

That's just another classic example why health and safety are a waste of space
I'm sure your wifes lovely PoPs :P

Andy
Virtually comatose but still standing

Post by Andy » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:14 pm

DaaB wrote:I'm sure she is to when the HSE hat comes off :wink:
Oooo, it's dangerous to take the hat off! :lol:
Dan!