Show Us Yer Kit

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
harryten

Re: Show Us Yer Kit

Post by harryten » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:49 am

It is a great article, by the way what the brand for your kitchen scales which you can check https://www.etekcity.com/productcate/115/list as i want to buy one recently.
Last edited by harryten on Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sadfield
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Post by Sadfield » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:17 pm

Great thread, I have to admit I'm pleased to see some pots on stoves and cooler mash tuns. There are some great looking automated setups, but all those switches, controllers, pumps and stainless is a bit too much like the day job for my taste. Admittedly adding some more shiny to my setup though, at the back end of things to keep post fermentation and packaging as oxygen free as possible. And looking to experiment with fermenting under pressure. Will post some pictures when it all comes together and I've run a brew through it all.

Very much jealous of the dedicated brewing spaces though.

Secla

Post by Secla » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:47 pm

Die for an expansion soon
Attachments
IMG_4831.JPG
IMG_4849.JPG

Fastline
Hollow Legs

Post by Fastline » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:10 pm

I like the Brew bucket lid, looks expensive though.
Everyone's kit looks great but you have got to say the Grainfather is a smart compact bit of kit

Secla

Post by Secla » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:30 pm

Grainfather a really enabled me to brew more regularly than I could with my 3v
Lid on the brewbucket is the lid from a chronical. £38 I think. Helps to have the added bit of headspace

dbambrick996
Piss Artist

Show Us Yer Kit

Post by dbambrick996 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:09 pm

Here's mine

Single vessel brew system controlled by an ardbir, similar to a grainfather and my kegerator and fermentation chamber all in one

ImageImage

orlando
So far gone I'm on the way back again!
Location: North Norfolk: Nearest breweries All Day Brewery, Salle. Panther, Reepham. Yetman's, Holt

Post by orlando » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:03 pm

Earlier in the thread you saw my original set up, which was built on the basis of the question "yeah, but what if you don't like it?" Guess what?

Turns out I did. :D
I am "The Little Red Brooster"

Fermenting:
Conditioning:
Drinking: Southwold Again,

Up Next: John Barleycorn (Barley Wine)
Planning: Winter drinking Beer

chris2012
Under the Table

Post by chris2012 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:48 pm

Damn Orlando, that's magnificent. What size are the kettles/hlt/mash tun out of interest? Where did you get those from?

The two temp controlled conicals look awesome too!

orlando
Location: North Norfolk: Nearest breweries All Day Brewery, Salle. Panther, Reepham. Yetman's, Holt

Post by orlando » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:57 pm

chris2012 wrote:Damn Orlando, that's magnificent. What size are the kettles/hlt/mash tun out of interest? Where did you get those from?

Thanks, glad you like it, thankfully I do too, bit more than a fivers worth of kit there. :wink:

70/70/50. I brew 25 litres mostly but can get 50 at a pinch if i keep the abv below 6. The conicals can easily handle 50 litres apiece and have internal coils for temp control with the Maxi's controlled by an STC 1000 apiece. I want to upgrade that part with a data logger of some kind so I can track the fermentation temps accurately. Unfortunately I don't have the skills. :oops: Everything was sourced from Brewbuilder who was and has been to date superb with his help and advice. The conicals can be pressurised so have been experimenting with pressurised transfers to eliminate oxygen, signs are so far very good.

Fermenting:
Conditioning:

Bunglebrewsbeer
Hollow Legs

Post by Bunglebrewsbeer » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:20 am

orlando wrote:
chris2012 wrote:Damn Orlando, that's magnificent. What size are the kettles/hlt/mash tun out of interest? Where did you get those from?

Thanks, glad you like it, thankfully I do too, bit more than a fivers worth of kit there. :wink:

70/70/50. I brew 25 litres mostly but can get 50 at a pinch if i keep the abv below 6. The conicals can easily handle 50 litres apiece and have internal coils for temp control with the Maxi's controlled by an STC 1000 apiece. I want to upgrade that part with a data logger of some kind so I can track the fermentation temps accurately. Unfortunately I don't have the skills. :oops: Everything was sourced from Brewbuilder who was and has been to date superb with his help and advice. The conicals can be pressurised so have been experimenting with pressurised transfers to eliminate oxygen, signs are so far very good.
Are they the high end brew pots that he does in your setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

orlando

Post by orlando » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:52 am

Bunglebrewsbeer wrote:
orlando wrote:

Are they the high end brew pots that he does in your setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No. The high end ones have thicker bottoms so you can direct fire. Nothing worse in my view, mine are electric 2 x 2.4kW in the kettle and 1 x 2.4 in the HLT

Fermenting:
Conditioning:

Rogermort
Piss Artist

Post by Rogermort » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:24 am

dbambrick996 wrote:Here's mine

Single vessel brew system controlled by an ardbir, similar to a grainfather and my kegerator and fermentation chamber all in one

ImageImage
I have one of those thermopots. How did you fit the top inlet through the skin. Can you post some more images and show how it all works?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dbambrick996
Piss Artist

Post by dbambrick996 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:41 pm

Rogermort wrote:
I have one of those thermopots. How did you fit the top inlet through the skin. Can you post some more images and show how it all works?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I used a step bit and a qmax to drill the inlet.

I started with a pilot hole from outside skin to inside, used the step bit on the outside wall and the qmax punch on the inside wall. All fittings are 1/2".

I will throw up a few pics tomorrow when I get home of the entire workings of the system

Sadfield

Post by Sadfield » Mon May 29, 2017 7:05 pm

Busy weekend brewing and bottling, so I've had most of the kit out at various points. Here it is.

The 32L HLT/Kettle used on the gas stove top. Complete with thermowell, hop spider, filter and immersion chiller.

The next piece is the 19L Igloo cooler mash tun with false bottom.

I'm big fan of Beersmith, but it's only as good as the data you put in it, so I like my measuring equipment to be accurate and reliable. As well as OTT and a bargain from ebay. :D

I weigh and calculate all my volumes. I have scales, more scales, thermometers, hydrometers, and a pH meter.

I'm currently experimenting with my fermentation setup, with the aim of limiting oxygen pickup to a minimum, once fermentation is well under way. I start fermentation off in my plastic FV's, then at around 50% attenuation I transfer over to a CO2 purged Corny to complete fermentation. This allows me to do two things, firstly I can harvest the yeast cake before dryhopping. Secondly this allows me to carbonate the beer using the CO2 produced during the remaining fermentation. This is done by adding a spunding (pressure release valve) to the gas outlet, maintaining a set head pressure whilst the beer ferments out. In theory, hop aroma should retained. I'm going to try dry-hopping at this point by adding hops direct to the keg and putting a filter around a shortened dip tube. Fermentation temperature is controlled using a fridge, heater and STC1000.

Corny Keg, dryhopping filter and Spunding valve.

Once carbonated and conditioned, I bottle using a Blichmann beer gun, purging bottles with C02 and keeping oxygen pickup to a minimum. I think some extra kegs will be the next purchase.

One more bit of kit is the Vacuum Packer, ideal for keeping those hops in top condition.

Fil
Telling imaginary friend stories

Post by Fil » Mon May 29, 2017 10:14 pm

Sadfield wrote:Busy weekend brewing and bottling, so I've had most of the kit out at various points. Here it is.
Another nice setup.. =D> =D>

nice to hear another brewer calculating volumes with scales too ;)
ist update for months n months..
Fermnting: not a lot..
Conditioning: nowt
Maturing: Challenger smash, and a kit lager
Drinking: dry one minikeg left in the store
Coming Soon Lots planned for the near future nowt for the immediate :(