Blichmann beer gun vs Chinese copy - any advice?

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
Wonkydonkey
Drunk as a Skunk

Re: Blichmann beer gun vs Chinese copy - any advice?

Post by Wonkydonkey » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:06 pm

I just watched the vid, it looks very easy to fill bottles. I just may have to get one

Not sure why he had the kegs chained togther thou.
To Busy To Add,

GeeThom

Post by GeeThom » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:05 pm

Slightly off topic but relevant, I think

I purchased two 30 amp temp controllers from eBay and on arrival the leaflet states they are 10 amp.
I have contacted the seller who than states the manufacture says they are actually 24 volt and will be OK to use. Not so sure myself if I want to take the risk of burning my house down and not worth the effort of sending back.

Just beware when buying Chinese copies as they may not be what they claim and are cheap for a reason

Wonkydonkey
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by Wonkydonkey » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:51 pm

It maybe off topic, but I'd just complain to ebay/paypal, stating not as discribed. (But make sure your correct) You should not have to send them back.

Edit: do a post in the relevant forum, with pic's if pos, and a link to the ebay page, I'm sure some sparky could defo tell you if its ok or not and some one could tell you what they did in a simular situation. But I don't think you should have to send it back if it's not as described. You brought what was in the listing, ie black pants, and if they send pink pants that's there fault.
To Busy To Add,

GeeThom

Post by GeeThom » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:38 pm

Wonkeydonkey
Thanks mate I am pursuing first with eBay sender and then through eBay and will not send back if at all possible
My point was more general, that sometimes the seller on eBay has little control over the quality and is merely a middle man. The explanation I got suggested that they do not even know what the item is and tried to fob me off. I will pursue this.

If others have good reviews of the copied gun that that is good but Buyer Beware is what I was saying.

orlando
So far gone I'm on the way back again!
Location: North Norfolk: Nearest breweries All Day Brewery, Salle. Panther, Reepham. Yetman's, Holt

Post by orlando » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:00 am

Wonkydonkey wrote:Now I was looking at the bottle filler, then resilsed it was a plastic bottle filler. And wondered how you would fill glass bot's.

Any more info on the mod, or the washer thing would be great. As I'd like to get one but filling just plastic bot's is not what I want.

Thanks.

Edit; I just read bobsbeer said barneey made him one, can barneey let us see a pic or tell us the dimentions and what he made it from.

Cheers. :wink:
Nothing new under the sun, this is the post you need.
I am "The Little Red Brooster"

Fermenting:
Conditioning:
Drinking: Southwold Again,

Up Next: John Barleycorn (Barley Wine)
Planning: Winter drinking Beer

Goulders
Under the Table

Post by Goulders » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:16 am

These are the washers. Aleman linked them in another Pegas thread

Wonkydonkey
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by Wonkydonkey » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:49 am

Well thank you Orlando and goulders, for the links to the thread.

Yesterday I ordered one, so give it 3-4 weeks and it should be here. :D :D
I've had a quick look in my box of bits, and found a ss washer 3mm and 21mm internal.. Umm that's a lot of work, I think the washer will have to wait till it arrives.
To Busy To Add,

timtoos
Piss Artist

Post by timtoos » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:13 pm

I ended up going of the Blichmann copy and have used it 2 times. Seems to be ok and did a grand job. The bottled beers are superb - mind you I haven't done any high carbonated beer yet... For less than £27 you can't go wrong.

chris2012
Under the Table

Post by chris2012 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:29 pm

Cool :)

orlando
So far gone I'm on the way back again!
Location: North Norfolk: Nearest breweries All Day Brewery, Salle. Panther, Reepham. Yetman's, Holt

Post by orlando » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:22 am

Wonkydonkey wrote:Well thank you Orlando and goulders, for the links to the thread.

Yesterday I ordered one, so give it 3-4 weeks and it should be here. :D :D
I've had a quick look in my box of bits, and found a ss washer 3mm and 21mm internal.. Umm that's a lot of work, I think the washer will have to wait till it arrives.

Have you got it yet?
I am "The Little Red Brooster"

Fermenting:
Conditioning:
Drinking: Southwold Again,

Up Next: John Barleycorn (Barley Wine)
Planning: Winter drinking Beer

Wonkydonkey
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by Wonkydonkey » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:20 pm

Yeh. I got it, :D

It took some time to fit it in and make the washer,
The other prob I did have was waiting for beer to be ready in a cornie. :roll:
and then when it was ready, only to find out the problem of sealing the bottles. The hole that the gas and beer comes from, is not much smaller than the inside of the bottle. So with a another bodge (washing machine hose washer) sitting on top of bottle it works. Now I'm drinking freshly poured bottles 8)

Give me a bit more time to play with it and I will let you know, as the beer that's on it at the mo is a bit of a frothy type. I can't get a full fill of the bottle.

But I will say the Chinese workmanship could do with a bit more finer tolerances On the bottle lifter
To Busy To Add,

Goulders
Under the Table

Post by Goulders » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:31 pm

Is your washer the right size? I made a washer and it works fine

I bought a bag of them and can send you one in the post if you PM me your address. You'll have to grind it down yourself though

Wonkydonkey
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by Wonkydonkey » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:57 am

Well thanks for showing me your washer..mine looks a bit like that. IE it sits in the Bott of the bottle lifter.,my prob is either bottle not sitting central, so as the bottle rotates 90deg-ish in the lifter the bottle is either not center or the inside lip of the bottle is the same size or a bit smaller. So the gas leaks out. That's why my quick bodge of a rubber washing machine worked.

I will take a pic or 2 tonight if I get time before I've had a beer or 5
To Busy To Add,