Polsinelli Stuff

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
Soay4699
Steady Drinker

Re: Polsinelli Stuff

Post by Soay4699 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:15 pm

Davesbc wrote:How do i add pictures? BBcode says it's off and I can't see where to switch it on
I use DropBox and just post the link for images.

jubby
Under the Table

Post by jubby » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:13 pm

Fermenter arrived completely trashed with two huge dents and buckled lid. Arranged a replacement and it arrived in perfect condition.
Here's a couple of photo's:

Very impressed with the quality. Fairly thin stainless but the lid is decent heavy gauge stainless and the tap is decent quality too.

In my opinion, very good value.
Mr Nick's Brewhouse.

Thermopot HLT Conversion

Drinking: Mr Nick's East India IPA v3 First Gold & Citra quaffing ale
Conditioning:
FV:
Planned: Some other stuff.
Ageing:

Davesbc

Post by Davesbc » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:10 pm

I'm wondering how much pressure the fv tanks will take when the lid is completely sealed....

Pinto
Falling off the Barstool

Post by Pinto » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:07 pm

Davesbc wrote:I'm wondering how much pressure the fv tanks will take when the lid is completely sealed....
Never is - you can see the little white collar for the airlock or blowoff on the lid
Primary 1: Nonthing
Primary 2 : Nothing
Primary 3 : None
Secondary 1 : Empty
Secondary 1 : None
DJ(1) : Nowt
DJ(2) : N'otin....
In the Keg : Nada
Conditioning : Nowt
In the bottle : Cinnamonator TC, Apple Boost Cider, Apple & Strawberry Cider
Planning : AG #5 - Galaxy Pale (re-brew) / #6 - Alco-Brau (Special Brew Clone) / #7 Something belgian...
Projects : Mini-brew (12l brew length kit) nearly ready :D

Join the BrewChat - open minds and adults only ;) - Click here

Fil
Telling imaginary friend stories

Post by Fil » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:18 am

fwiw even Fv's built to contain pressure only contain about 5psi which is ample to move the beer without pressure conditioning it.
ist update for months n months..
Fermnting: not a lot..
Conditioning: nowt
Maturing: Challenger smash, and a kit lager
Drinking: dry one minikeg left in the store
Coming Soon Lots planned for the near future nowt for the immediate :(

bonkingbob

Post by bonkingbob » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:42 pm

Are there volume markers in these fermenters? Also can anybody see any advantages between the bucket and barrel type fermenters they do?

Cheers

simon12
Hollow Legs

Post by simon12 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:31 am

I got a fermenter from these guys and the steal is much thicker than the Polsinelli ones and for a bit more you can get a conical bottom. Note the taps not included though.

http://www.en.sansonestore.com/product/ ... th-finish/

donnyo
Tippler

Post by donnyo » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:42 am

I have a couple of the Europa model welded tanks in 50l from Sansone and love them for their ease of cleaning and solid build. The Sansone tap is actually really useful for when you want to take gravity readings without having to undo the lid and potentially let in any beasties. Got mine 2nd hand and use them with a blowoff tube fitted through a grommet in the lid. I never take lid off now. If money were no object a conical bottom would be great to dump out the trub but for the extra money involved I'm happy enough with my flat bottomed FVs and syphoning off into cornies for conditioning.

Kev888
So far gone I'm on the way back again!

Post by Kev888 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:00 pm

Time has also moved on since the OP, and Brewbuilder now do a 100L version of the flat-bottomed stainless fermenter (in addition to 33L and 50L). Not as cheap as some basic pots, especially the 100L one, but they do have tri-clamp bulkheads.

Note that quite a few 'conical' bottomed fermenters are little more than shallow dishes; you really need a true 60 degree cone (or there-abouts) to make dumping yeast practical.
Kev

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:43 pm

The dish bottoms are not for dumping yeast. They are useful in the larger microbrewery sizes for cleaning purposes. I can't think of a reason for the dish bottom in smaller homebrew sizes.

Kev888
So far gone I'm on the way back again!

Post by Kev888 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:52 pm

Yes, that was my point; they are different things. Zero dead-space and the ability to flush stuff out easily can still be quite nice in larger home-brew sizes, which (IMO) can get a bit unwieldy. But its not worth paying premium prices for, like the 60-degree cones.
Kev

simon12
Hollow Legs

Post by simon12 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:08 pm

I agree the zero dead space is not a bit deal in a fermenter but if converting to a mash tun or boiler its worth it also note the price includes a stand for the bottom drain ones.

akisan

Post by akisan » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:51 pm

Unfortunately Polsinelli seems to have quality control up to par with chinese bulk manufacturers. At least the fermenter taps could have benefited from some TLC, as ours arrived in a such manner that when tightened properly, they point to all funny directions. The customer service advised to put some hemp cord to thread for aligning. And no, the taps aren't designed in a way that they could be aligned and tightened from inside.