SS Brewtech 10 Gallon Kettle

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
naturals

Re: SS Brewtech 10 Gallon Kettle

Post by naturals » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:17 pm

I just bought a Brewtech kettle with the trub dam. Sadly nothing else came with it in the way of fittings.

Does anyone with the SS Brewtech kettles know what the fitting between the tap and the trub dam looks like / is called?

Mr Squiffy
Steady Drinker

Post by Mr Squiffy » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:46 pm

Not clear on what you're asking? There are no fittings in between, the trub dam just pushes into the back of the tap, two little O rings seal it. Have a look at the pictures on the Brewtech website.

naturals

Post by naturals » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:31 am

Yeah, I've seen the pictures. Thing is I literally own the pot and the trub dam, nothing else.

I can easily buy a 3-Piece ball valve tap but that'll have a 1/2 inch bore on the back of it. The trub dam is (maybe) half that. I'm trying to figure out the piece that gives me a smaller bore for the trub dam to push into.

Secla
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Post by Secla » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:46 am

its custom made for the ss kettles i think. im assuming you bought it second hand without the tap ?

naturals

Post by naturals » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:22 am

Secla wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:46 am
im assuming you bought it second hand without the tap ?
I did indeed. I'll try messaging SS Brewtech.

Rhodesy
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Post by Rhodesy » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:27 am

Maybe worth trying via the Maltmiller or another UK stockist as they tend to get orders every couple of months and may be able to get one across that way?

naturals

Post by naturals » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:25 pm

Rhodesy wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:27 am
Maybe worth trying via the Maltmiller or another UK stockist as they tend to get orders every couple of months and may be able to get one across that way?
I've asked the seller to see if he happens to still have it. SS Brewtech want $10 + P+P. For a single nut.