Heater for fermenting fridge

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
gobuchul

Re: Heater for fermenting fridge

Post by gobuchul » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:44 am

BenB's link is the exact same one I use. Really good for an even heat spread.

mbrew
Steady Drinker

Post by mbrew » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:19 pm

Matt in Birdham wrote:
mbrew wrote:
Matt in Birdham wrote:Pretty sure this is the one I have: https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Electric-Hea ... ube+heater

Although it does mention a heat "cut out", I can only guess that this is for much higher than 20C. I think people use these in bathrooms as well, although I could be wrong. I have no trouble hitting and maintaining mid 20's in a fridge in a freezing garage with this heater - don't think you really need bigger and could possibly get away with smaller.
Thanks, that's the current top of my list & have been waiting for a reply from the distributer today, so far they have been unable to confirm.
Good to hear its doing the job, I would appreciate it if you could somehow confirm this is the one you have.

Your right that its more than big enough, I would go less if they made something like a 30w.
Just had a search through my Amazon orders and happy to confirm that I do indeed have this exact model. As far as I know this has never shut off on me, although the highest I have ever set my fridge is 22C (as it happens, it is happily holding an ale at 21.5 right now, in the shed).
Thanks very much for your help, looks like it ticks all the boxes.

GeezyPeezy
Tippler

Post by GeezyPeezy » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:48 pm

60w bulb in an old paint tin. Gets really warm really quick. Couple that with a fan and that heats my 1 metre X 1 metre converted fridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mbrew
Steady Drinker

Post by mbrew » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:53 pm

Just an update in case it helps others, I fitted the 45w eco heater & it gets up to 24c Ok so should be good.