CampingKeg Project

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
jaroporter
Drunk as a Skunk

CampingKeg Project

Post by jaroporter » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:00 pm

10L kegs modified for outdoor use.

i'm not really a fan of beer engines, and at home this also saves on having beer sitting in the cylinder and in the lines. on the road it saves needing a supply of co2.
gravitykeg.jpg
corny gas post soldered to 2" triclamp endplate allows spiling like any cask (use disco to open valve to vent) for consumption over a weekends trip, or can be connected up to co2/caskbreather to keep fresh for weeks at home

1,5" triclamp soldered onto keg as low as possible for a gravity pour. standard ballvalve tap. can also use a endplate to transport then attach the tap to serve as there is minimal pressure when using cask ales.
the tap is just what i had kicking around, i'll make something more compact soon. but the full 1/2" bore is awesome for cascading the beer into a glass. full pint in seconds!
pour.jpg
the stainless kegs are durable and protect from the sunlight, as well as good thermal transfer for cooling. the handles are pretty useful too..
river.jpg
thinking about getting some of the 4 or 5L stainless growlers and doing the same for shorter trips or distances where 10L is still too much!
dazzled, doused in gin..

Jim
Site Admin

Re: CampingKeg Project

Post by Jim » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:10 pm

Nice idea, thanks for posting. 8)
NURSE!! He's out of bed again!

JBK on Facebook
JBK on Twitter

Secla
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Post by Secla » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:15 pm

Where did the keg come from ?

TheSumOfAllBeers
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Post by TheSumOfAllBeers » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:03 pm

Yes I am very interested in where the 10K keg came from. Camping beer, or proper portable beer solutions are a keen interest of mine too,

jaroporter
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by jaroporter » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:20 pm

kegs came direct from a manufacturer, i believe the same place that rob the malt miller is looking so maybe check his twitter feed :wink:

i spent ages deciding what sort of hookup i wanted with these. even considered triclamping a shive to the neck, before going with the shutoff disconnect for flexibility.

i'd always like to hear if anyone has any alternative thoughts or ideas for improvement :D
dazzled, doused in gin..