Electric.

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
Stoat on a rope

Re: Electric.

Post by Stoat on a rope » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:20 am

I went for 32amp, 64 would be nice but a) I was a bit dubious about heading up into those realms on a home consumer unit, like mad hippy says correction factors etc (and I'd say my knowledge when I stated my project was about the same as yours). Then when you start looking at price difference between 32a armoured cable vs 100a that made the decision for me! 32 will be fine but you'll only be able to run up to 2 x 2.4kw elements at a time, any more and you'll risk tripping the switch. On my system it just means I can't heat any water for cleaning whilst my boil is on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haydnexport
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Post by Haydnexport » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:18 am

how do you cool post boil ? Ive taken to pumping the first 40l out of my cfc when im cooling around 75l of wort into the hlt, have enough there to clean everything.

Stoat on a rope

Post by Stoat on a rope » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:39 am

That's true I should be doing that, ah a chance to add some more plumbing to my system!

Bunglebrewsbeer
Hollow Legs

Post by Bunglebrewsbeer » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:18 pm

I'm told a separate 32a circuit would be needed. Bit id also be wanting to run a circuit for lighting and maybe a couple of other plugs.

Stoat on a rope

Post by Stoat on a rope » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:12 pm

That's exactly what it be got running in my brewery. I can have two x 2.4kw elements on, two pumps, lights and a speaker playing music on a 32 amp circuit.

Stoat on a rope

Post by Stoat on a rope » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:20 pm

This box is supplied from a 32a breaker in my consumer unit. In there are 3 breakers, supplying the brewery, one for the lights, one for sockets, one for my system.

Bunglebrewsbeer
Hollow Legs

Post by Bunglebrewsbeer » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:43 pm

Beer making nirvana. Had a sparky round today to give me a price on what I need. See what I need to find to make this happen.