New shiny!

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
chris2012
Under the Table

Re: New shiny!

Post by chris2012 » Wed May 17, 2017 1:03 pm

Is that a corny keg gas connector on a tri-clamp ferrule out of interest?

Did that come with the fermenter?

Coffeeuk
Piss Artist

Post by Coffeeuk » Wed May 17, 2017 3:52 pm

chris2012 wrote:Is that a corny keg gas connector on a tri-clamp ferrule out of interest?

Did that come with the fermenter?
No bought separately from the brew builder, as was the butterfly valve and clamps

Coffeeuk
Piss Artist

Post by Coffeeuk » Wed May 17, 2017 9:22 pm

Picture as promised.

There's no visible signs of any welds on the inside

Bigbud78
Piss Artist

Post by Bigbud78 » Thu May 18, 2017 9:32 am

That's great thanks, they seem like the only real option if I want stainless but want to keep using my under counter fridge. I'll have to make a decision based on if I can get another tall fridge in for a conical or not.

Will a conical produce better beer than a flat bottomed FV is the question ? I'm not bothered with yeast collection as I will be splitting starters instead.

AFewTooMany

Post by AFewTooMany » Tue May 23, 2017 8:48 pm

Bigbud78 wrote:That's great thanks, they seem like the only real option if I want stainless but want to keep using my under counter fridge. I'll have to make a decision based on if I can get another tall fridge in for a conical or not.

Will a conical produce better beer than a flat bottomed FV is the question ? I'm not bothered with yeast collection as I will be splitting starters instead.
Conicals are only really needed if you are using the fv as a uni - tank (fermentation, conditioning and carbonation) as you need to remove the dead yeast whilst keeping the beer in the same vessel. Furthermore in larger volumes (eg 10,000 litres) the yeast is put under more pressure so it's more important to remove the yeast as quickly as possible. For homebrew however it isn't really necessary, unless you've simply got cash to burn on shiny.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

setmash

Post by setmash » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:58 pm

Conicals useful for dumping trub and yeast collection / dumping

Plastic buckets make just the same quality of beer. That's a lovely fermenter you've got there and it's nice to see thick stainless steel walls which is why the handle welds are so clean. Top notch you'll get years of enjoyment out of it. Nice to treat yourself to a but of shiny with all the money you are 'saving' brewing your own beer !!