Thoughts on drainage

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
StrontiumDog
Piss Artist

Re: Thoughts on drainage

Post by StrontiumDog » Sat May 13, 2017 9:39 am

Went with the high end mash tun with the bottom drainage and false bottom from brewbuilder. Bit over my budget but I know I'll just end up regretting not doing it if I get something different....

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Haydnexport
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Post by Haydnexport » Sat May 13, 2017 10:12 am

you will not be disappointed , its a big outlay, but you'll never have to upgrade.....well unless you get a bigger one !

Jocky
Even further under the Table

Post by Jocky » Tue May 16, 2017 8:55 am

Haydnexport wrote:you will not be disappointed , its a big outlay, but you'll never have to upgrade.....well unless you get a bigger one !
Agreed. And if you did get a bigger one (or decide to quit brewing), this one will still be worth quite a lot of money.
Ingredients: Water, Barley, Hops, Yeast, Seaweed, Blood, Sweat, The swim bladder of a sturgeon, My enemies tears, Scenes of mild peril, An otter's handbag and Riboflavin.

ciderhead
Piss Artist

Post by ciderhead » Fri May 19, 2017 10:08 am

I have simple advice, go big I went 60L and can Herms 11Kg grain weight up to 60L FV. I put drains in three thermopots as I am fairly handy and like that sort of stuff, if diy or drilling and cutting steel is not your thing just spend the money and have it done properly.

StrontiumDog
Piss Artist

Post by StrontiumDog » Mon May 22, 2017 9:26 am

Just want to provide some closure, I ended up getting the high end mash tun from Brewbuilder and it looks amazing!!! Cost more than I initially wanted to spend but I know I'll benefit in the long run as it will last.

For those already using one, I have started a seperate thread asking about how to account for the space under the FB in calculations. I'd massively appreciate any further advice.

Thanks as always

Jase

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk