Stainless pressure vessel

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
republicofbeer

Stainless pressure vessel

Post by republicofbeer » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:56 pm

Over the weekend I made a four head bottle filler. I hooked this up to a 19l corny keg and all worked perfectly. I tried using a 60l plastic fermenter that I had and fitted an outlet on the bottom for the beer and an inlet on the top for the gas. Issue I then had was it ended up blowing the top off the vessel. Does anyone know where I den get a stainless vessel between 60-100ltr that can be pressurised?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaroporter
Drunk as a Skunk

Re: Stainless pressure vessel

Post by jaroporter » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:08 pm

what's the price and pressure range? off the top of my head 100l kegs, or some stainless FVs might be able to take a certain degree of pressure. hot water tanks/cylinders..
dazzled, doused in gin..

Fil
Telling imaginary friend stories

Post by Fil » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:33 pm

afaik 5psi is the sort of pressure most conical fvs can contain.. imho its a large keg that you need too..
ist update for months n months..
Fermnting: not a lot..
Conditioning: nowt
Maturing: Challenger smash, and a kit lager
Drinking: dry one minikeg left in the store
Coming Soon Lots planned for the near future nowt for the immediate :(

simon12
Hollow Legs

Post by simon12 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:19 pm

A keg is likely the best option for you. What you really want is a bright beer/conditioning tank but the smallest I have ever seen are the brewiks ones and there 270l minimum and expensive, but have cooling stuff built in. They also do conicals rated up to 3 bar but again minimum 270L. See http://www.geterbrewed.com/brewiks-equipment/

Haydnexport
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Post by Haydnexport » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:40 pm

brewbuilder has 100l stainless flat bottom fermentors that can be sealed to hold pressure

republicofbeer

Post by republicofbeer » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:25 pm

Haydnexport wrote:brewbuilder has 100l stainless flat bottom fermentors that can be sealed to hold pressure
Thanks, that looks perfect. Wonder wgat sort of pressure it would hold.....

Matt in Birdham
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by Matt in Birdham » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:40 pm

SS Brewtech do a 1 barrel brite tank now (just over 100l, I think): https://www.ssbrewtech.com/collections/ ... -tank-1bbl
Price is a bit painful though! Not sure if available over here, but could probably get one of the UK SS stockists to include in an order. Keg (or kegs) sounds like a better option.

republicofbeer

Post by republicofbeer » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:48 pm

Matt in Birdham wrote:SS Brewtech do a 1 barrel brite tank now (just over 100l, I think): https://www.ssbrewtech.com/collections/ ... -tank-1bbl
Price is a bit painful though! Not sure if available over here, but could probably get one of the UK SS stockists to include in an order. Keg (or kegs) sounds like a better option.
That looks rather pleasing. If only I could justify spending that money to the wife......

alexlark
Under the Table

Post by alexlark » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:06 am

Would 2 50L Crusader Kegs be cheaper.