Stainless corny quick connects

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
Frothy

Stainless corny quick connects

Post by Frothy » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:49 pm

Has anyone tried these? Worth the extra over a plastic connect? Image

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

chris2012
Under the Table

Re: Stainless corny quick connects

Post by chris2012 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:55 pm

Fancy, never seen them before

AdrianTrace
Piss Artist

Post by AdrianTrace » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:51 am

Firstly, I have no personal experience of these whatsoever.

But I seem to recall reading a long thread (maybe through Google) regarding tales of woe on these (leaks etc.). But that may be in the past, and it could be a skewed position (people are less likely to start a thread to say "bought these and they work as they should").

I like the look of them, and that they are 90* so should limit the height of the whole mess on top of the keg.
Ready to go: Malt extract, grain, yeast and a freezer full of hops.
Fermenting: Nowt.
Conditioning: Nelson's Revenge.
Drinking: Stop Wining, Firsty Gold, DarkMun, Yankee, Porter, ApAht, Cider, Mead, Tripel, Elderflower beer, Gluten Free, beer, wine, port, gin,beer, wine, port, gin...

Wonkydonkey
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by Wonkydonkey » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:37 pm

All I will say is buy them from a non China supplier, that way you get a easier refund replacment way, I've done the .DE WAY (can direct) and was very happy. I went the China way (sames as the plastic shape) in ss and fook, aruguing for ever..... Liquid fitted the gas and gas was too loose on gas and did not fit the liquid.or somthing like that. What a pain. I did get a refund for one of them but I don't buy to end up disuping the brought items.
So like meany peeps say.... let someone else bulk order from China and then dispute it with European seller or better still they have alreaded checked the goods and they only send the good ones, filtering out the crap..
Cheers.
To Busy To Add,