SS Brew Bucket Ball valve

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
danwlx

SS Brew Bucket Ball valve

Post by danwlx » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:01 pm

Hi all,

I'm about to do my first brew for a year and am cleaning my brewtech bucket. It appears that I completely disassembled the ball balve last time that I used it, I have two plastic washers (not the rubber Ines, hard white plastic) the actual ball and the body in pieces.

I'm unclear how it all goes back together, can anyone give me any tips?

Cheers
Dan

Jocky
Even further under the Table

Re: SS Brew Bucket Ball valve

Post by Jocky » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:14 pm

Sounds like a 2 piece valve.

One white washer pushes into the bit that's still attached to the bucket, with the concave side of the washer facing away from the bucket and toward where the rest of the tap will attach.

The second white washer is pushed into the body of the tap from the inside, again so the concave side is facing back toward the join in the tap.

The ball has a notch on the top of it, which slots over a protruding bit on the upper inside of the tap body. Turn the handle on the tap body so the notch is inline with the tap body, and slot the ball into the valve body over the protruding bit. Turn the handle back so the ball doesn't fall out, and screw the body back onto the bucket.

Or watch this:

Ingredients: Water, Barley, Hops, Yeast, Seaweed, Blood, Sweat, The swim bladder of a sturgeon, My enemies tears, Scenes of mild peril, An otter's handbag and Riboflavin.

danwlx

Re: SS Brew Bucket Ball valve

Post by danwlx » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:18 pm

Hi Jocky,

That's great, thanks for the help, I think I've got it all sorted.

Cheers
Dan