Anyone used "bouncer in-line beer filter"?

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
f00b4r
Site Admin

Re: Anyone used "bouncer in-line beer filter"?

Post by f00b4r » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:30 am

Cheers, at that price I will pick one up for heavily dry hopped beers and any keg to keg transfers.

orlando
So far gone I'm on the way back again!
Location: North Norfolk: Nearest breweries All Day Brewery, Salle. Panther, Reepham. Yetman's, Holt

Post by orlando » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:21 pm

Kev888 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:41 am
If you are able to recirculate with a pump or jug to clear the initial debris (well sanitised, if this is post-cooling), the remainder of the run-off should be pretty decent, especially if you can restrain yourself from chasing the dregs at the end. If it works really well then just discarding the first pint of run-off may be sufficient.
Kev makes an interesting point here. Often I see posts in which people are doing exactly that, chasing an exta litre or so of beer rather than concerning themselves with a quality pint to drink at the end. If your system has the capacity for an extra litre or two over the package brew length you want, it is far better to sacrifice a few pence worth of grain and a couple of litres of spoiled wort, than ending up drinking 5 gallons of dreck becuase you've chased that extra 1/2 pint. :D
I am "The Little Red Brooster"

Fermenting:
Conditioning:
Drinking: Southwold Again,

Up Next: John Barleycorn (Barley Wine)
Planning: Winter drinking Beer

Bigbud78
Piss Artist

Post by Bigbud78 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:21 pm

IPA wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:20 am
Sounds to me that you are only using one vessel for the whole process. If so that's where you could make a start. Please remember that I am trying to help. If you are using hop pellets to dry hop why not change to whole hops? Plus you could use BacBrewing Springer at the first and second transfer stages. Please note that "cold crash" (how I hate that phrase) Is effectively the last of three stages in protein removal. Hot Break, Cold Break then Cold Storage. Are you performing the second one?
Started a new thread instead of continuing to derail this one :lol:

Sadfield
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Post by Sadfield » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:23 pm

So this is interesting. VacMotion will ship to uk via UPS at a rate of $14 (£10) and have a whole range of filters, so you can customise to your requirements, i.e. size, fittings, mesh gauge etc.

https://www.vacmotion.com/Products/Main ... iners.aspx

Want a bouncer with quickconnects?

https://www.vacmotion.com/Details.aspx? ... rs&Id=2142

f00b4r
Site Admin

Post by f00b4r » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:13 pm

Sadfield wrote:So this is interesting. VacMotion will ship to uk via UPS at a rate of $14 (£10) and have a whole range of filters, so you can customise to your requirements, i.e. size, fittings, mesh gauge etc.

https://www.vacmotion.com/Products/Main ... iners.aspx

Want a bouncer with quickconnects?

https://www.vacmotion.com/Details.aspx? ... rs&Id=2142
Interesting selection, although it may be some are not food grade.

Sadfield

Post by Sadfield » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:07 pm

f00b4r wrote:Interesting selection, although it may be some are not food grade.
Possibly, although they do list drinking water pre-filters as one of the possible applications.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Bigbud78
Piss Artist

Post by Bigbud78 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:27 pm

disconnect one looks great !

f00b4r
Site Admin

Post by f00b4r » Thu May 31, 2018 9:53 am

Bigbud78 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:18 am
So you can see the size, this is a sealed transfer from my FV to keg (as mentioned above)

Had 400g of dry hops so even with crash cooling I was still getting the few odd pieces of hop matter coming through and clogging the poppet / disconnect which would mean stopping the transfer and cleaning it all out, this could happen a few times.

With the filter it all transfers much quicker with no stopping, I also have an attachment which I can clip onto the disconnect with a bottling wand to bottle whats left in the FV.
Got a photo of what you use to clip the disconnect to the bottling wand? Quite curious as to how you are doing it. :)

Sadfield

Post by Sadfield » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:12 pm

I think I have found a cheap alternative for these Bouncer filters. Sold to the caravan market for use on water pumps, under the Shurflo brand, for £7-15 with various fitting options. EBay, Amazon and a host of independent retailers stock them. Main body is polypropylene and a clear nylon cage. The ones with threaded ports are NPS NPT, which I think is compatible with BSP at 1/2" size, but not other (?). ImageImage

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk