Barrel caps

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
Nellymac69

Barrel caps

Post by Nellymac69 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:51 pm

Hello, new member here. I've got a 2" pressure cap with a S30 valve fitted to my barrel but without a piercing pin, how do I get the co2 into the barrel?

IPA
Under the Table

Re: Barrel caps

Post by IPA » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:06 am

Nellymac69 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:51 pm
Hello, new member here. I've got a 2" pressure cap with a S30 valve fitted to my barrel but without a piercing pin, how do I get the co2 into the barrel?
Use an S30 gas cylinder and follow the instructions. Remember to remove it after each time you inject gas.
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." Dean Martin

1. Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip

It's better to lose time with friends than to lose friends with time (Portuguese proverb)

Alone we travel faster
Together we travel further
( In an admonishing email from our golf club)

Nellymac69

Post by Nellymac69 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:13 pm

Ok, I'll give that a go. The only other way is to wait for my other barrel to empty and use the cap from that one (which is fitted with a piercing pin). Thanks for the advice.

Eric
Even further under the Table

Post by Eric » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:51 pm

Many of those S30 valves are dual purpose. An "O" ring holds in the receptor which is reversable, having a pin on one side and none on the other.
Without patience, life becomes difficult and the sooner it's finished, the better.

Nellymac69

Post by Nellymac69 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:05 pm

Never thought of that, I'll look at that when I get home. I'm new to this so I may well be back with other issues!