Brew builder hop Filter

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
joe1002
Piss Artist

Re: Brew builder hop Filter

Post by joe1002 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:32 pm

orlando wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:24 pm
I guess it's to slow down the run off. Make the aperture too big and you're in danger of clogging the filter. I asked the question about the top elbow to see if a threaded barb would fit. Makes no sense to pull apart the whole filter, fix the top part, it's all he needs to do. The internal fitting works fine, trust me, I have one. :D
Ah, I thought it came so the user assembles it. Thanks Orlando, makes more sense now.

mikew
Steady Drinker

Post by mikew » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:36 pm

I finally sorted it out.. it would seem the standard hose barb on the inside is as suggested smaller than the inner diameter of the hose to restrict run off.. the bigger fitting on the outside would seem to be designed to have the flexible hose fitted over the outside of it then clamped into the groove by the jubilee clip.. I have to say it's a good fit almost needs heating up in warm water before hand, it certainly isn't coming off once it's on

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

orlando
So far gone I'm on the way back again!
Location: North Norfolk: Nearest breweries All Day Brewery, Salle. Panther, Reepham. Yetman's, Holt

Post by orlando » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:41 pm

mikew wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:36 pm
the bigger fitting on the outside would seem to be designed to have the flexible hose fitted over the outside of it then clamped into the groove by the jubilee clip..
:pink:
I am "The Little Red Brooster"

Fermenting:
Conditioning:
Drinking: Southwold Again,

Up Next: John Barleycorn (Barley Wine)
Planning: Winter drinking Beer