Pump mountings

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
bottles
Steady Drinker

Pump mountings

Post by bottles » Tue May 01, 2018 8:20 pm

Hi all,
I recently bought a ts5 mini pump and am now looking at mounting it? I was thinking of using a couple of u bolts to mount it too a board. Then use the board to find where it gets in the way least.
Pictures would be helpful to see everyones set up and issues.
Andrew

sbond10
Even further under the Table
Location: Warrington England usually drunk or being mithered by my 2yr old or wife

Re: Pump mountings

Post by sbond10 » Wed May 02, 2018 8:20 am

The likes of bridgewater and angel have pump brackets i seem to remember them not being much money

Jocky
Even further under the Table

Post by Jocky » Wed May 02, 2018 8:42 am

I have the small pump clamp from Angel (http://www.angelhomebrew.co.uk/en/pumps ... ype-3.html) and it fits the TS5 well.

The only negative is that the threaded rod that the clamp is on can twist in its base without too much difficulty. That means that if you attach something moveable like a ball valve to the pump then you need to be a bit careful when moving it. Hunt around on ebay and you might find something better, like a P clamp.
Ingredients: Water, Barley, Hops, Yeast, Seaweed, Blood, Sweat, The swim bladder of a sturgeon, My enemies tears, Scenes of mild peril, An otter's handbag and Riboflavin.

Coffeeuk
Piss Artist

Post by Coffeeuk » Wed May 02, 2018 8:48 am

I think I’ve got one or two of the clamps from angel Homebrew in my spares box if your interested. I travel through Leeds most days. Let me know and I’ll have a look

wolfenrook
Piss Artist

Post by wolfenrook » Wed May 02, 2018 12:43 pm

I clamp the pump directly to the boiler tap with 90 degree elbows and quick disconnects. Does the job, and makes it easy to remove for cleaning etc.
Pump2s.jpg

bottles
Steady Drinker

Post by bottles » Wed May 02, 2018 9:54 pm

Thanks wolfenrook that is something I wouldn't have thought of. This was what I was after, different ways of setting up the pump.
Andrew

wolfenrook
Piss Artist

Post by wolfenrook » Sat May 05, 2018 9:44 am

Glad it was helpful.

I used to have it hanging loose, but found it meant I had to use more hose as it kinks if you use too short a length.
Mashings.jpg
So I switched to the elbows and QDs, and it's much more convenient to use.
TweakedS.jpg
The pump is still lower than the bottom of the boiler proper, but above the base of the bottom part of the boiler, which means it's above the surface of the table that I brew on and doesn't vibrate against anything.

You can see I made some other tweaks at the same time.

Dads_Ale
Piss Artist

Post by Dads_Ale » Sun May 06, 2018 9:29 am

I mounted mine on a round steel plate (from ebay) using one of the clamps (can't remember if it was from Angel homebrew or the brewbuilder). It is nice and stable and can be moved to where you need it.
DSCF6120.JPG