what temperature on Keezer?

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
Hudson1984
Piss Artist

what temperature on Keezer?

Post by Hudson1984 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:26 am

I've not seen many completed keezers, but the ones I have seen have an inkbird coneected.

what temp are they being set to?

I'll be storing:
Lager
Wine
Cider.

Jocky
Even further under the Table

Re: what temperature on Keezer?

Post by Jocky » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:43 am

I started mine off at 2c with a 2 degree hysteresis, but everything was way too cold.

I now use 6c with a 2 degree hysteresis, so effectively 6-8c.

Making sure the temperature is even throughout the chamber is of concern too. I have a 120mm fan mounted to the collar that blows down into the keezer. The temperature probe is cable tied to the outside of a spare bottle filled with water to stop too much oscillation.

If you have a collar on your keezer it’s worth making sure it’s well sealed and insulated too.
Ingredients: Water, Barley, Hops, Yeast, Seaweed, Blood, Sweat, The swim bladder of a sturgeon, My enemies tears, Scenes of mild peril, An otter's handbag and Riboflavin.

Hudson1984
Piss Artist

Re: what temperature on Keezer?

Post by Hudson1984 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:10 pm

Hmm, that’s interesting. Think I’ll just make better use of the larder fridge I have in the garage, that’s largely used as a beer fridge anyway.

Might be a bit too cold but at least I can utilise the spare space as a normal fridge - which of course I could do with a chest freezer but I already have the larder fridge so may as well use that