Thermometer

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
Big_Eight
Steady Drinker

Re: Thermometer

Post by Big_Eight » Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:57 pm

MashBag wrote:
Big_Eight wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:48 pm
MashBag wrote:Yup. The mash.
I trust the braumeister to do its thing, it has a probe, display and controller.

Other than calibration why would I?
Yeah, why would you lol? I do because I mash in a cooler. Nice system you have.

It's the beer that counts, not the ammount of stainless you can collect. Coolers make great beer.

I like the BM 'cos I can leave it to get on.
Absolutely, I agree with you. No problem in wanting something more automated. I enjoy the manual part of brewing which is why I haven't switched yet but I've definitely thought about it. I've been eyeing those Anvil Foundry and Brewzilla systems.

MashBag
Even further under the Table

Post by MashBag » Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:24 am

Picking a new system is a minefield. Personally I like the camurri brewer and I prefer build quality and good design over Internet connected LED flashers.

Big_Eight
Steady Drinker

Post by Big_Eight » Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:36 pm

MashBag wrote:Picking a new system is a minefield. Personally I like the camurri brewer and I prefer build quality and good design over Internet connected LED flashers.
Yeah, I'm looking for value as well as being able to conveniently brew a good beer. I'm not one of the shiny toy crowd although the spike brewing solo system looks pretty neat.

I'll probably stick with my $20 USD cooler and boil kettle for the time being.

MashBag

Post by MashBag » Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:04 am

I am not "big shiney" either. The big question for is always what is the gain? I fell lucky with BM20 both buying it at sensible money and also that it can be modified easily and runs overnight. Doubt I will change any time soon.

MashBag

Post by MashBag » Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:11 am

Spike brewing solo system is really pretty much imo the same hardware as all the rest. And is probably the simplest. From a tin perspective the question is price...... And a replaceable element

For me the real trick is getting a good controller that fits what YOU WANT.