Disgusting!

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
Cobnut
Drunk as a Skunk

Re: Disgusting!

Post by Cobnut » Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:33 am

I used Sodium Percarbonate for a while to clean my GF30, but found it prevented the pump from working (I think because it generates oxygen and it effectively causes cavitation in the pump) which is aright pain when trying to pump out the cleaning solution. I've switched to Chemclean which seems to work well. I'm using up my remaining percarbonate for the occasional bottle which doesn't come clan with the usual hot water rinse; a 1/4 to 1/2 tsp in the bottle with some hot water and the bottles come up sparkling clean. A double win!
Fermenting: nowt
Conditioning: English IPA/Bretted English IPA
Drinking: Sunshine Marmalade, Festbier, Helles Bock, Smokey lagery beer, Irish Export StoutCascade APA (homegrown hops), Orval clone, Impy stout, Duvel clone, Conestoga (American Barley wine)
Planning: Dark Mild, Kozel dark (ish), Simmonds Bitter, Bitter, Citra PA and more!

MashBag
Even further under the Table

Re: Disgusting!

Post by MashBag » Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:56 pm

OK I am in. TFR all the way, all the time.
Never had problems with it or its performance. Except recently with beer rock in bottles, which to be fair still needs TFR but also a bottle brush. In tests it could not be beaten, except for water treatment to stop the beer rock in the first place.