What size freezer for 4 kegs

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
patwestlake
Steady Drinker

What size freezer for 4 kegs

Post by patwestlake » Mon May 01, 2023 8:25 am

Keezer build enroute. I don't have the room for a large chest freezer, so I'm hoping that an 800 wide will be able to fit 4 AEBs. Any recommendations or brands to avoid?

Pat
FV : #99 Highway to Helles (Munich Helles)
Next up - #100 Farmhouse in Your Soul (Saison)

Drinking :
#98 Bells Light Hearted (3.9% IPA)
#97 Decadence 64 (Mosaic IPA)
#96 Wicked Weasel (Fursty Ferret Clone)
#95 Penarth Gold (Loweswater Gold Clone)
#94 Cheeseburger Cavalry (US IPA)

Secla
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Re: What size freezer for 4 kegs

Post by Secla » Mon May 01, 2023 11:31 pm

are you planning on fitting a collar ? usually you have a raised box section at the bottom of a chese freezer where the compressor etc. sits
Id say yes if you fit a collar

Jocky
Even further under the Table

Post by Jocky » Tue May 02, 2023 12:09 pm

I'm assuming you mean a chest freezer.

I have one that is 900 wide, 550 deep and 840 tall, and I've added a 200 tall collar to it. It fits 5 slim AEB kegs - 3 on the floor and two on the hump (one is partly on the hump and needs support under it), or instead of the 2nd keg on the hump I can fit in one of the 10 litre mini kegs on the floor.

So I do think that an 800 width chest freezer would take 4 slim kegs, but you'll need to build a big collar like mine.
Ingredients: Water, Barley, Hops, Yeast, Seaweed, Blood, Sweat, The swim bladder of a sturgeon, My enemies tears, Scenes of mild peril, An otter's handbag and Riboflavin.

guypettigrew
Even further under the Table

Post by guypettigrew » Tue May 02, 2023 7:00 pm

Jocky wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 12:09 pm
I'm assuming you mean a chest freezer.

I have one that is 900 wide, 550 deep and 840 tall, and I've added a 200 tall collar to it. It fits 5 slim AEB kegs - 3 on the floor and two on the hump (one is partly on the hump and needs support under it), or instead of the 2nd keg on the hump I can fit in one of the 10 litre mini kegs on the floor.

So I do think that an 800 width chest freezer would take 4 slim kegs, but you'll need to build a big collar like mine.
Ah, that must be the 'Harry Hill' type of Keezer. Sorry, sorry, sorry. Cheap joke!

Guy

IPA
Under the Table

Post by IPA » Wed May 03, 2023 7:06 am

Stand four cornies on the floor arrange them in a square and measure the footprint. Then arrange them staggered in an oblong form and measure that footprint. Then visit several white goods shop and see which freezers will accommodate them.
I doubt that you will find one 80 cm wide that will hold more than three cornies. So be prepared and measure the footprint of three cornies to save yourself two trips.
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." Dean Martin

1. Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip

It's better to lose time with friends than to lose friends with time (Portuguese proverb)

Alone we travel faster
Together we travel further
( In an admonishing email from our golf club)