Problem filling keg with co2

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
seankeggers

Problem filling keg with co2

Post by seankeggers » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:51 am

Hi there. I had a Party at the weekend and was really looking forward to the lads testing the ipa that i had in my king keg. I had been testing the odd pint from the keg and the results were superb. The night of the party came and i had moved the beer keg to a colder place on the day before. To my suprise the beer would not dispense from the top tap set up. I went to fetch my co2 bottle which had only been used for a 1 second burst previosly to see how it worked and i could not get any gas to come out. I am not sure if some how the co2 has gone from the cylinder..weird.. we had to just syphon the ale into the glasses which was ok but after all my hassle of fitting the dalex tap i was gutted. :cry:

brewsters millionths
Hollow Legs

Post by brewsters millionths » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:01 pm

if it was an s30 and it was empty the valve pin would have gone slack. did you check if you could crack the valve with a wooden dowel?

seankeggers

Post by seankeggers » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:04 pm

if i shake the co2 cylider i can see the pin in the valve moving up and down. does this mean its empty? not sure what you mean by crack the valve with a wooden dowel.. thanks

brewsters millionths
Hollow Legs

Post by brewsters millionths » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:07 pm

yep, it's empty. if it had pressure in it then it would be held firmly by the pressure behind it. sometimes the valve on those stick and empty their contents if you don't notice and give it a wiggle back into seated. :(

seankeggers

Post by seankeggers » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:12 pm

thanks m8...looks like i need a refill then..