bottling machine

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
Beer Bomb

bottling machine

Post by Beer Bomb » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:38 am

Hi,
Does anyone know how to make or where to buy a cheap 2 headed beer bottling machine, cos doing it with a funnel is begginning to get slightly tedious.

Aleman
It's definitely Lock In Time

Post by Aleman » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:11 am

99 Quid is the cheapest I've seen, Talk to Rob Or Chris at Hamstead Homebrew 0121 358 6800

Beer Bomb

bottling machine

Post by Beer Bomb » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:17 am

Hi,
Thanks guys, that was really helpful, I will look into the bottling stick first then when i need it will up the stakes invest in something bigger....

incapete

Post by incapete » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:15 pm

Bottling sticks are excellent for home use and make it really easy compared to syphons or funnels.

Has anyone on here had any experience of using a Counter Pressure Filler?

Aleman

Post by Aleman » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:46 pm

incapete wrote:Has anyone on here had any experience of using a Counter Pressure Filler?
I've just bought a Blichmann Beer Gun, which isn't a CPBF, but you can flush the bottle with CO2 before filling using it. I had a little play with it over the weekend, and it works really well. The trick to filling using carbonated beer is to use a long length of 3/16 Beer Line (10 Feet), and to turn the pressure down for dispense. It also helps if you can get the beer cold as well, and just to be consistent I chill the bottles before filling. I had no problems filling any of my bottles, apart from when I didn't open the valve quickly enough and induced foaming, apart from that hiccup on the first bottle, bottling was a dream. . . . . It's not something that I would want to do an a regular basis, but for sending beers to a competition/review then the Beer gun is a winner.

Aleman

Post by Aleman » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:53 pm

Sorry also meant to say that the bottling machine that I've seen in Hamstead homebrew, is a serious piece of kit, and well up for bottling a couple of barrels (Thats Real Barrels 36 Gallon Jobbies), at a time . . . . Sort of thing you need a trained monkey to do really. If things pan out as expected this year I'll be bottling beers for sale at the local Farmers Markets/ trade fairs, and something like that is really going to be a time saver.

Basically you set the fill level in the machine, press fill and it fills the bottles, Remove the bottles . . . Cap and away you go . . . No CO2 Flush is the only serious lack on them, but for Bottle conditioned beers the yeas will mop up the O2 anyway.

incapete

Post by incapete » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:43 pm

I've just bought a Blichmann Beer Gun
I've seen those - you hook them up to a CO2 source and a pressurised barrel like a Cornie?

My setup's not big enough to justify one of those but hopefully one day it will be! Let us all know what markets etc you'll be selling at - I'd love a taste!

incapete

Post by incapete » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:27 pm

I'm hopefully taking delivery of two Cornies very shortly so my plan is to bottle from them - that makes sense and is nice and simple!

charlie
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by charlie » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:34 pm

Aleman wrote:Sorry also meant to say that the bottling machine that I've seen in Hamstead homebrew, is a serious piece of kit, and well up for bottling a couple of barrels (Thats Real Barrels 36 Gallon Jobbies), at a time . . . . Sort of thing you need a trained monkey to do really. If things pan out as expected this year I'll be bottling beers for sale at the local Farmers Markets/ trade fairs, and something like that is really going to be a time saver.

Basically you set the fill level in the machine, press fill and it fills the bottles, Remove the bottles . . . Cap and away you go . . . No CO2 Flush is the only serious lack on them, but for Bottle conditioned beers the yeas will mop up the O2 anyway.
Please let me know if you ever come up to the Lancaster Farmers Market.
It would be nice to finally meet the great man and sample some of his beers.
Brewing in the badlands between Arnside and Milnthorpe.
Cumbria

spearmint-wino
CBA prizewinner 2007

Post by spearmint-wino » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:04 pm

I use a 'Phil's Philler' for bottling from the fermenter. Does things quick and clean enough to mean I haven't thought about trying another method.

drinking: ~ | conditioning: ~ | primary: ~ | Looks like I need to get brewing then...
Visit London Amateur Brewers online

bandit

Post by bandit » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:13 am

I am in Birmingham on Feb 5th so I will call in and look at the bottler. Are there any pics online of this time saver?

Vossy1

Post by Vossy1 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:18 am

Peter at the Hop Shop in Stockport Cheshire has a seperate interest in the shape of multi bottling machines, which he sells via a different website (I'll try and find the link)

He can be contacted using the following link

www.zen37219.zen.co.uk

There is a 4 bottling machine in the window of his shop.

Here's the bottling link...not cheap though :shock:

www.winepress4u.co.uk
Last edited by Vossy1 on Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

bandit

Post by bandit » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:21 am

That was a quick edit Vossy :lol: I will look at that now. I will also post you some picks of the NEW Storyteller Brewery soon as the 200 litre boiler and fermenters are now in place. Just a case of putting the connecting bits together

Vossy1

Post by Vossy1 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:39 am

the NEW Storyteller Brewery soon as the 200 litre boiler and fermenters are now in place. Just a case of putting the connecting bits together
Looking forward to it...200 ltrs :shock: 8)

Aleman

Post by Aleman » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:07 am

bandit wrote:I am in Birmingham on Feb 5th so I will call in and look at the bottler. Are there any pics online of this time saver?
Give them a ring first so that they have one in the shop - 0121 358 6800 Chris Or Rob