How to controll the 24V mag pumps.

A forum for those who boldy recirculate where no man has. .... you know the rest
Cazamodo

Re: How to controll the 24V mag pumps.

Post by Cazamodo » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:39 pm

I am totally lost ^^

I already have the LM338 circuits, so I may go with solar pumps. I say pumps, I think I will only use that for the sparge anyway.

YeastWhisperer

Post by YeastWhisperer » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:37 pm

A PWM controller is akin to a very efficient adjustable modern voltage regulator. It works by turning the voltage on and off very quickly. An on/off cycle is known as the "period." The length of time the voltage is on during the period is known as the "duty cycle." The duty cycle determines the voltage produced by the controller. With a voltage supply of 24 volts DC and a duty cycle of 50%, the motor would see 12 volts DC. With most PWM controllers, the duty cycle can be controlled via a potentiometer. The potentiometer is either part of RC circuit on a discrete or IC-based PWM controller or is input to an analog pin on a microcontroller-based PWM controller. All that matters to the PWM controller user is that he/she does not exceed the input voltage and current ratings for the controller. The DC power supply +/- connections are connected the input +/- connections on the PWM controller. The motor +/- wires are connected to the PWM +/- output connections. The potentiometer is turned to control the duty cycle, which, in turn, sets the output voltage.

mrlard

Post by mrlard » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:18 pm

still won't work with these pumps - trust me :mrgreen:

froggi
Piss Artist

Post by froggi » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:00 pm

mrlard wrote:still won't work with these pumps - trust me :mrgreen:
One question..... Why wont it work?? Sorry but being thick here and need a little explanation
Cheers