New water treatment calculator

(That's water to the rest of us!) Beer is about 95% water, so if you want to discuss water treatment, filtering etc this is the place to do it!
vacant
Even further under the Table

Re: New water treatment calculator

Post by vacant » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:51 pm

Dave S wrote:Nope, didn't work at work and doesn't work now I'm home - 404 error :?:
Try holding down the "SHIFT" key while you refresh the page. That forces your browser to not use its cache.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... your_cache
I brew therefore I ... I .... forget

Graham

Post by Graham » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:05 pm

As it happens, Graham has switched servers too, and during the transfer some directories within the site were deliberately renamed, partly for convenience of maintenance and partly to make it a bit more difficult for the spambots. The link that Jim gives above is the new one.

Spud395

Post by Spud395 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:54 pm

Been avoiding water for a few years now (ignore it and it will go away doesnt work sometimes).

Up untill now I'vepre boiled added a teaspoon of gypsum to the mash and the boil and thats as much as I done for everything.

I use my own well water and dont have any tests/stats for it but got a lad to test alklinity for me, it comes in at 182ppm.

Can I use this calculator with just that information and my target water? Will it give me misleading figures?