cleaning a flash chiller

The place to discuss all things about brewing hygiene!
delboy

Post by delboy » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:01 pm

I started the thread about cleaning these out, meanwhile i went ahead and filled my last remaining corny with a snpa clone meaning i haven't got one to force the cleaner through with, what a thicko am i :bonk

delboy

Post by delboy » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:54 pm

I got as far as the insulation which was glued down and chickened out :oops:
is there much to be gained by stripping it down completely? can i pull put the coils and run cleaner through them by gravity??

delboy

Post by delboy » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:11 pm

its a two inlet, two outlet cornelius cooler. There is a mould in the insulation for that the wee motor sits in so i was able to eyeball it without pulling up the insulation.

delboy

Post by delboy » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:04 pm

in between sparges i nipped into the shed and fired this up, filled it up until water started to come out of overflow, no sign of any water coming from the inlets or outlets so i guess it must be a 2 beer line chiller (its a CTX 25 model if that means anything??)

delboy

Post by delboy » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:53 pm

oh forgot to say its turned on, i was impressed how quickly it chilled the water (you could feel the cold coming up from the water inlet!! after about 15-20 mins)

delboy

Post by delboy » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:30 pm

yes it was a tad on the noisy side, its going to remain in my brew shed/pub :D :D so the noise won't annoy me that much.

spearmint-wino
CBA prizewinner 2007

Post by spearmint-wino » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:36 am

delboy wrote:I started the thread about cleaning these out, meanwhile i went ahead and filled my last remaining corny with a snpa clone meaning i haven't got one to force the cleaner through with, what a thicko am i :bonk
That's a valid excuse for having to drink it all really quickly if ever I heard one :lol:

We'll all come round this weekend and help you if you like? We love SNPA 8) Image

drinking: ~ | conditioning: ~ | primary: ~ | Looks like I need to get brewing then...
Visit London Amateur Brewers online

delboy

Post by delboy » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:15 am

I've got six cornies in various states of fullness and 10L of TC on the go, i could probably do with all the help i can get drinking it :D :D .