Fairy liquid to clean bottles

The place to discuss all things about brewing hygiene!
JamesF
Drunk as a Skunk

Re: Fairy liquid to clean bottles

Post by JamesF » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:22 pm

Darren365 wrote:Anybody put their Bottles in the Dishwasher?
A high temperature wash is probably good for sterilising, but not great for getting them clean.

Ebay is another source for sodium percarbonate. I don't know how the price compares with elsewhere, but I don't have to walk any further than the door to get it :)

James

bobsbeer

Post by bobsbeer » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:45 pm

ben9393 wrote:Is it ok to use fairy liquid in some hot watter and a bottle brush to clean bottles. Ive rinsed all bottles after use and its only had beer ive bought so wasnt yeast to rinse. Id get pbw if it was hard to get off but as theyre spotless it seems like a waste of money

I was thinking fairy liquid in sink good scrubb a good rinse starsam sprayed in and then on bottle tree while then setting up to bottle.
To be honest if you are rinsing out commercial bottles after emptying you don't really need any cleaner. Just don't leave your bottles with any water left in the bottom, so drain upside down and let them dry. Then just sanitise and fill. What dirt are you cleaning off?

Touchstone
Steady Drinker

Post by Touchstone » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:45 pm

I rinse bottles out right after pouring , then put in that days dishwasher, then before filling , in the dishwasher again and fill. The bottles never get dirty so don't need cleaning and the dishwasher sterilises them