Have I fried the pump on marks keg washer

The place to discuss all things about brewing hygiene!
Jer
Tippler

Have I fried the pump on marks keg washer

Post by Jer » Thu May 12, 2016 3:15 pm

Ignorance can be bliss... But not in this case.
I have just opened the Marks Kegwasher Box and set the equipment up... Filled the washer and Plugged in with my fermenting keg Ready to clean... All went well for about ten seconds then suddenly pump stopped working. Unplugged and then inspected pump... Very hot to touch.
On reading the pump rating it says 120vAC... Have I damaged the pump by plugging into the mains here?
If so is there any alternative that anyone uses in place of the pump supplied... Or do I have to go back to the USA with an order again?
[-o<

Fil
Telling imaginary friend stories

Re: Have I fried the pump on marks keg washer

Post by Fil » Thu May 12, 2016 5:59 pm

running a 110v device on a UK mains supply has probably killed the pump all-right. for future reference if you have a standard wall mounted shaver socket in your bathroom then it may have 1 110v transformer inside. Otherwise you need to find a plug in transformer to step down the voltage.

a pump is a pump however, if you can post any spec details and a pic of the dead one and its connecting fittings perhaps we could help you source a reasonably priced replacement?
looking at this page https://www.kegwasher.com/howitworks.html it looks like a pretty standard pond fountain pump. if you have any garden centres nearby with a pond dept it may be worth taking yours down for a size/capacity comparison..
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-in-1-Submer ... LFb5xrTU7A

500 us gallons per hour is circa 1800l p/h ;) A head of over 1m will guarantee hitting a keg base ;)
ist update for months n months..
Fermnting: not a lot..
Conditioning: nowt
Maturing: Challenger smash, and a kit lager
Drinking: dry one minikeg left in the store
Coming Soon Lots planned for the near future nowt for the immediate :(

Jer
Tippler

Re: Have I fried the pump on marks keg washer

Post by Jer » Thu May 12, 2016 10:32 pm

Thanks for the reply Fil
I will post a spec and pictures tomorrow