NBS no rinse stuff

The place to discuss all things about brewing hygiene!
Peatbogbrewer
Piss Artist

NBS no rinse stuff

Post by Peatbogbrewer » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:17 pm

As usual i bumble along brewing, sticking to the same old process, picking up bad habits like a crap driver, particularity around the dreaded bottling time. Then i notice this NBS no rinse stuff on malt miller. I don't wan to fork out for a bottle tree and sanitiser pump thing, so will i be able to bung it in a sprayer with some ashbeck water and simply spray into each bottle? Its the same idea right? Bottling almost puts me brewing, almost, will this truly cut time.....

Notlaw
Piss Artist

Re: NBS no rinse stuff

Post by Notlaw » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:46 pm

It's just Malt Miller's own brand StarSan. You will still need to clean the bottles, but you use this for sanitising them. I don't have a bottle tree either, but I use it in one of those pumpy bottle washer things, shake the dregs out and bottle. As everyone states... DON'T FEAR THE FOAM.!

Peatbogbrewer
Piss Artist

Post by Peatbogbrewer » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:54 pm

Notlaw wrote:It's just Malt Miller's own brand StarSan. You will still need to clean the bottles, but you use this for sanitising them. I don't have a bottle tree either, but I use it in one of those pumpy bottle washer things, shake the dregs out and bottle. As everyone states... DON'T FEAR THE FOAM.!
Cheers Notlaw! if i forget to make a priming solution can you add sugar to the bottle after using the no rinse marvel?

donchiquon
Hollow Legs

Post by donchiquon » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:34 pm

Peatbogbrewer wrote:Cheers Notlaw! if i forget to make a priming solution can you add sugar to the bottle after using the no rinse marvel?
I spray Starsan into a jug then add the sugar to some mineral water. Microwave for 3 mins until boiling then syringe into the bottles.

'Tis true though. Starsan and no-rinse makes the whole thing so much easier!
Ian

Cqr

Post by Cqr » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:13 pm

I poor starsan in a bottle 1/2 full
Then just poor it from one bottle to the next, all 40'ish bottles

Pauliet

Post by Pauliet » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:23 pm

When I pour a bottle of beer I rinse it out with hot water, then cold water, give it a good spray of starsan solution, shake it well and cap it - either the original caps (I use the Coopers brown bottles) or if its a glass bottle a plastic bottle cap sprayed with starsan. When I come to bottle just give another quick shake and empty out any excess starsan. Works every time, never had an issue with bottle infection.

Basically you know that the bottle was sanitized when you opened it so rinse, starsan, shake and reseal - jobs a good un and no need for faffing about sterilizing on bottling day!