Pegas Novotap Counter Pressure Bottle Filler

Forget 'You've been framed' - post your brewing-related videos here!
och29
Piss Artist

Pegas Novotap Counter Pressure Bottle Filler

Post by och29 » Fri May 30, 2014 8:32 pm

Here's the video of the second bottle I filled using my Pegas Novotap. It includes my setup kitchen tap setup (yes, I'm living the dream) and how I hook up the Novotap to it. (Also posted in a thread in the dispensing section)

Drinking: AG#7 Final Sprint (APA), AG#8 Buckwheat Brett (Saison - Saison/Brett), AG#9 Helles Meister
Conditioning: -
Fermenting: Selection Pinot Grigio
Planning: Orange Blossom Mead, Mexican Honey Mead, Chocolate Stout

Jim
Site Admin

Re: Pegas Novotap Counter Pressure Bottle Filler

Post by Jim » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:34 am

Looks a nice piece of kit, but how long will it take to bottle a whole batch (assuming you aren't trying to video each one)?!
NURSE!! He's out of bed again!

JBK on Facebook
JBK on Twitter

roscoe

Post by roscoe » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:55 am

nice video.

so how much are these taps ?

Belter

Post by Belter » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:20 am

I tried messaging the guy you bought this off three times. Got once response saying he'll do me a price later. He never got back to me.

och29
Piss Artist

Post by och29 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:24 pm

Jim wrote:how long will it take to bottle a whole batch (assuming you aren't trying to video each one)?!
Looking at the video the actual filling takes about 1 minute for a 500ml bottle. Add on to that 15 seconds to swap bottles and gas with CO2. That should give plenty of time to cap and sanitise the next bottle. If you keg straight from the fermenting vessel, force carb and bottle directly from that keg I guess it should only take a few minutes to set up the equipment. Assuming a 19 litre batch into 500ml bottles then takes about 50 minutes to do it all.

However I keg and so I doubt I'd ever bottle that many... I'll probably do no more than 20 at a time.
roscoe wrote:so how much are these taps ?
Most people don't like answering those sort of questions especially asked so bluntly - this should give you an idea of the different options - http://www.pegas.lt/en/
Belter wrote:I tried messaging the guy you bought this off three times. Got once response saying he'll do me a price later. He never got back to me.
As I said before it did take about a week for them to get back to me but I didn't have any problems. Here's all the contact info I have:

http://craftbeergrowlers.ie/
info@craftbeergrowlers.ie
+353-1-8020840 (N. Ireland based)
Drinking: AG#7 Final Sprint (APA), AG#8 Buckwheat Brett (Saison - Saison/Brett), AG#9 Helles Meister
Conditioning: -
Fermenting: Selection Pinot Grigio
Planning: Orange Blossom Mead, Mexican Honey Mead, Chocolate Stout

Belter

Post by Belter » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:32 pm

I got a reply. The guy was in hospital. I wouldn't recommend buying from those guys. Far far too expensive

bobsbeer

Post by bobsbeer » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:14 pm

I have a similar unit which came from China. It was buggered when I got it, but that's another story, save to say I managed to fix it. I recently did a batch of 24 bottles and it was similar. About 1 minute per bottle, and then capping. Took me about 1 1/2 hours to do the batch, but it was the first time using the unit and it took me a few bottles to get the pressure right to stop any foaming. But that was probably because the beer was too warm to bottle, as it was around 16c. Cooler would have been better and you could get a faster flow.

Belter

Post by Belter » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:22 pm

bobsbeer wrote:I have a similar unit which came from China. It was buggered when I got it, but that's another story, save to say I managed to fix it. I recently did a batch of 24 bottles and it was similar. About 1 minute per bottle, and then capping. Took me about 1 1/2 hours to do the batch, but it was the first time using the unit and it took me a few bottles to get the pressure right to stop any foaming. But that was probably because the beer was too warm to bottle, as it was around 16c. Cooler would have been better and you could get a faster flow.
I may have one of these for sale shortly depending on if it is a solution to my problem or if I go for a more beer CPBF setup.

D4nny74
Hollow Legs

Post by D4nny74 » Thu May 07, 2015 3:29 pm

Just ordered the plus version :D

D4nny74
Hollow Legs

Post by D4nny74 » Tue May 12, 2015 12:31 pm

Novo tap + turned up today and was wondering where I can get the tap for it , there website doesn't seem to sell them, not even sure what type of tap I can use, any help would be great

Regards

Danny

orlando
So far gone I'm on the way back again!
Location: North Norfolk: Nearest breweries All Day Brewery, Salle. Panther, Reepham. Yetman's, Holt

Post by orlando » Tue May 12, 2015 12:46 pm

Hmm, there is a thread on here about the "original" Chinese Rip Off's (CRO) which I think Bob is referring too. They had some problems that required some retro refitting drilling out some pathways in the tap iirc. I got one but not being a practical chap I gave it away and got an original. The one I bought is called a Ecotap and is a lot simpler in use than this version, I can fill a bottle in a third of the time with it than the Novo and believe it is a lot less expensive because it is plastic. I put a standard Perlick "tribute" tap (read CRO) on it sourced from Alibaba Express.

I got it from a guy called Arturas in Lithuania info@pegas.lt is how to get hold of him. With the Euro on the floor right now you could probably get hold of one from him for less than £70 delivered. Can't praise it highly enough, it really is a useful tool, not for bottling whole batches, unless you really want a whole batch sediment free, but for one or a few off to give away or take to parties. Brilliant for competitions too, where a bright beer not clouded by poor handling can make a difference to its perception. My particular like, is being able to free up a keg if needed for the next batch.

I have it permanently mounted to my Keezer, but I have decided to place it next to where it is now, leaving the tap where it is and just having it as a bottling unit.

I am "The Little Red Brooster"

Fermenting:
Conditioning:
Drinking: Southwold Again,

Up Next: John Barleycorn (Barley Wine)
Planning: Winter drinking Beer

D4nny74
Hollow Legs

Post by D4nny74 » Tue May 12, 2015 1:14 pm

Yes I bought it off arturas , but waiting on his reply, paid £190 for it so reluctant to change lol

Cheers

Danny

Goulders
Under the Table

Post by Goulders » Tue May 12, 2015 2:16 pm

I have seen the website, but can you get a cheaper deal contacting him direct? I was looking at the Ecotap (€85 [€107 inc tax but not delivery]), but in the meantime was going to use Wonkeydonkey's CPBF method.

orlando
So far gone I'm on the way back again!
Location: North Norfolk: Nearest breweries All Day Brewery, Salle. Panther, Reepham. Yetman's, Holt

Post by orlando » Tue May 12, 2015 2:33 pm

Goulders wrote:I have seen the website, but can you get a cheaper deal contacting him direct? I was looking at the Ecotap (€85 [€107 inc tax but not delivery]),
Yes, well at least I did, think I got him to do it for €80 all in. Anyway it was roughly twice what I paid for the CRO version, more than twice as good. Pay cheap pay twice. #-o
I am "The Little Red Brooster"

Fermenting:
Conditioning:
Drinking: Southwold Again,

Up Next: John Barleycorn (Barley Wine)
Planning: Winter drinking Beer

Goulders
Under the Table

Post by Goulders » Tue May 12, 2015 3:16 pm

Thanks! I will send him an email and see what he says. Cheaper than a Blichmann and I could set it up on my keggerator too.