fermentation fridge

Discuss all aspects of fermentation
nettley dick

fermentation fridge

Post by nettley dick » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:37 pm

hi all just cutting my teeth at brewing, she that must be obeyed is getting a new fridge freezer so I get to have the old one for a fermenter I in tend to fit a heater and control it with an inkbird 308 question is what setting should I put the fridge on, it as 5 settings from cool to very cold or doesn't it matter, thanks

Mr Squiffy
Steady Drinker

Re: fermentation fridge

Post by Mr Squiffy » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:07 pm

Maximum, you don't want the fridge thermostat interfering with the inkbird setting.

scuppeteer
Under the Table
Location: Brenchley, Kent (Birthplace of Fuggles... or is it?)

Post by scuppeteer » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:14 pm

Depends where the controller is for the fridge. If it is a fridge freezer the thermo unit is usually in the freezer box which makes it more difficult to over ride. A larder fridge is much easier.

Personally I would go for one of these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Digital-Temper ... s=STC-1000

Very easy to wire in and use.

As for a heater a greenhouse tube heater is perfect. Don't really need anything over 45w. I have one like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Electric-Heate ... ube+heater
Dave Berry

Can't be arsed to keep changing this bit, so, drinking some beer and wanting to brew many more!

Sir, you are drunk! Yes madam, and you are ugly, but in the morning I shall be sober! - WSC

BrannigansLove
Hollow Legs

Post by BrannigansLove » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:47 pm

I had the thermostat on my brewfridge bypassed (the thermostat was broken anyway), which allows me to drop the temp down to about 3c.

nettley dick

Post by nettley dick » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:39 pm

thanks for all your help