PH levels

(That's water to the rest of us!) Beer is about 95% water, so if you want to discuss water treatment, filtering etc this is the place to do it!
Bryggmester

PH Levels

Post by Bryggmester » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:47 pm

I have just aquired some 5.2 ph stabiliser from H and G but I'm rather dismayed by the blurb on the label "DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY.....For ingestion induce vomiting.....call a physician at once" It doesn't really sound like stuff I want to be adding to my brew. Has anyone else experience of using this product?

steve_flack

Post by steve_flack » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:58 pm

It's a bunch of phosphate salts. It's fine used in the correct amounts. Chlorine gets put in drinking water but you wouldn't want that neat either.

tim

Post by tim » Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:48 pm

I've got a link to a spreadsheet, will post it up tonight if no-one else has done by then
Andy - just stumbled across this thread trying to make sense of how to treat my water - got a water report but it might as well be written in mandarin for the sense I can make of it. :shock: If the spreadsheet link helps to tell me what to do (am not fussy about understanding it necessarily :? ) then that would be brill.

T