upstairs downstairs

(That's water to the rest of us!) Beer is about 95% water, so if you want to discuss water treatment, filtering etc this is the place to do it!
pongobilly

upstairs downstairs

Post by pongobilly » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:04 pm

i find a difference in the water between upstairs and downstairs, i would use the water downstairs but im not sure how to get the water in the fermenter, i dont really wanna use the hose thats outside, its just been easier to do everything in the bath upstairs as the fermenter fits under the tap in the bath

Seveneer

Post by Seveneer » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:14 pm

What kind of difference?

The tap in the bath uses water from the tank in the roof. You know, the one with the dead pigeon in it :wink:

I use the tap outside because it's straight off the mains. That means no dead pigeons, no standing water from a warm roof space and (in my case) no water softener.

/Phil.

mysterio

Post by mysterio » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:34 pm

I use water through a hose outside for brewing with. You could just bring up a couple of gallons at a time if you're worried about lifting.

pongobilly

Post by pongobilly » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:46 pm

do i just buy a standard bit of hose and connector for the outside tap then, and sanitise them each time, or do i need different hose

prolix

Post by prolix » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:44 pm

I never bother sanitising my hose though I did look at the insides once as was ...well glad I boilled the water :lol: