Yorkshire Water

(That's water to the rest of us!) Beer is about 95% water, so if you want to discuss water treatment, filtering etc this is the place to do it!
Bad 'Ed
Piss Artist

Re: Yorkshire Water

Post by Bad 'Ed » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:07 am

Eyes wrote: I don't mean to sound dumb I'm just new to this.
I wouldn't bother worrying about water then. I've made a variety of beers in Leeds using the tap water and they turned out fine.

Start off by making a decent hefe or whatever and then change the water profile once you've perfected your recipe and process.
Never enough time...

VANDEEN

Re: Yorkshire Water

Post by VANDEEN » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:47 am

Thanks for everybody's help & input :-) and sorry for piggy backing onto someone else's thread.....

There's a wealth of knowledge on here, but tweaking the water will be something lower down on my list
of things to address & learn with the switch from kits to extract & then maybe to grain...

Eric, They are indeed doing a lot of work on our estate, replacing sewage pipes, diverting the burn and putting in pumped storage tanks to try and alleviate the flood risk, so it makes sense that they may well have bumped up our "treatments" to cover for any increase in nasties in the supply given the underground disturbances.

In fact thinking back, it's probably around the time of the last big flood that I started to noticed the change in taste and smell. Hmmmm....