water report ?

(That's water to the rest of us!) Beer is about 95% water, so if you want to discuss water treatment, filtering etc this is the place to do it!
D4nny74
Hollow Legs

water report ?

Post by D4nny74 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:04 pm

Well after a 2 weeks I received my water results today, after some badgering on the phone that is, from what united utilities say and my alkalinity test says , they don’t add up, last check with my alkalinity kit was 11mg/l :roll:

barneey
Telling imaginary friend stories

Re: water report ?

Post by barneey » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:31 pm

What a load of bxxxxlocks
Hair of the dog, bacon, butty.
Hops, cider pips & hello.

Name the Movie + song :)

Eric
Even further under the Table

Post by Eric » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:52 pm

It doesn't look good. From those numbers, total hardness should be 124mg/l as CacO3, someone can't work a calculator with junior school arithmetic knowledge. In all waters, total hardness should be greater than alkalinity as "total" hardness is alkalinity plus what we commonly call permanent hardness.
I had similar problems when I used Murphy. I wonder if anyone else might have had their water tested by them recently and what they might have been told.
Without patience, life becomes difficult and the sooner it's finished, the better.

Goulders
Under the Table

Post by Goulders » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:43 am

I would ask for your money back!

Dave S

Post by Dave S » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:48 am

Eric wrote:It doesn't look good. From those numbers, total hardness should be 124mg/l as CacO3, someone can't work a calculator with junior school arithmetic knowledge. In all waters, total hardness should be greater than alkalinity as "total" hardness is alkalinity plus what we commonly call permanent hardness.
I had similar problems when I used Murphy. I wonder if anyone else might have had their water tested by them recently and what they might have been told.
How did you calculate total hardness? I get 115, (2.5 x Ca) + (4.1 x Mg). Still a huge disparity mind. It will be interesting to see a report from Neil.
Best wishes

Dave

Eric

Post by Eric » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:54 pm

Dave S wrote:
Eric wrote:It doesn't look good. From those numbers, total hardness should be 124mg/l as CacO3, someone can't work a calculator with junior school arithmetic knowledge. In all waters, total hardness should be greater than alkalinity as "total" hardness is alkalinity plus what we commonly call permanent hardness.
How did you calculate total hardness? I get 115, (2.5 x Ca) + (4.1 x Mg). Still a huge disparity mind. It will be interesting to see a report from Neil.
Sorry Dave, I'd had a few last night. You are right, I'd just remembered the error being about 20 and confused my inebriated self. I'm as bad as they at doing that sum, but if I'd have been at work I wouldn't have been drinking, I hope. :(
Without patience, life becomes difficult and the sooner it's finished, the better.

Dave S

Post by Dave S » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:36 pm

Eric wrote:
Dave S wrote:
Sorry Dave, I'd had a few last night. You are right, I'd just remembered the error being about 20 and confused my inebriated self. I'm as bad as they at doing that sum, but if I'd have been at work I wouldn't have been drinking, I hope. :(
That's the beauty of not having to go there, Eric :beer:
Best wishes

Dave

Eric

Post by Eric » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:53 pm

Dave S wrote: That's the beauty of not having to go there, Eric :beer:
Yes, I suppose it is, but my self control was better in those times.
I've had a couple of difficult weeks Dave. I'd leave it at that, but I didn't help myself by drinking some of trefoyl's favourite local beer about 5 hours into a session. It takes no prisoners.