brewing water chemistry calculator

(That's water to the rest of us!) Beer is about 95% water, so if you want to discuss water treatment, filtering etc this is the place to do it!
rodneygullick

brewing water chemistry calculator

Post by rodneygullick » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:56 pm

i was introduced to brewers friend water calculator the first step was to put the amount of water i used in the mash and in the hlt i done that then i moved down to the next thing which was the water profile which i supplied then it was the grist i used i put in the amount of grist i used including the lovibond then i come unstuck would some one go the process for me on what to do R F Gullick

Jim
Site Admin

Re: brewing water chemistry calculator

Post by Jim » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:30 pm

Welcome to JBK. :)

I'm going to move this into the Brewing Liquor forum as you're more likely to get a reply there.
NURSE!! He's out of bed again!

JBK on Facebook
JBK on Twitter

orlando
So far gone I'm on the way back again!
Location: North Norfolk: Nearest breweries All Day Brewery, Salle. Panther, Reepham. Yetman's, Holt

Post by orlando » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:22 am

rodneygullick wrote:i was introduced to brewers friend water calculator the first step was to put the amount of water i used in the mash and in the hlt i done that then i moved down to the next thing which was the water profile which i supplied then it was the grist i used i put in the amount of grist i used including the lovibond then i come unstuck would some one go the process for me on what to do R F Gullick
Use the calculator on here.
I am "The Little Red Brooster"

Fermenting:
Conditioning:
Drinking: Southwold Again,

Up Next: John Barleycorn (Barley Wine)
Planning: Winter drinking Beer

aamcle
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by aamcle » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:08 am

I doubt if you will get a walk through as it would be one LONG post, as above start here then move on to the more complex Brewers Friend calculator.

BF's calculator is very good but isn't easy to use, it's very manual but it has extensive help and your going to need to read it all.

ATB. aamcle

Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:57 am

Just to save you searching about for Graham Wheeler's calculator (hosted on JBK), it's here - http://www.jimsbeerkit.co.uk/water.html
NURSE!! He's out of bed again!

JBK on Facebook
JBK on Twitter