Help please - flash cooler

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
Mike J

Help please - flash cooler

Post by Mike J » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:28 pm

First hi, I am new here and in need of help

I have recently purchased a maxi 310 beer cooler and now need some help it getting it up and running for a party I am holding.

The cooler is a maxi 310, so its can run 4 diffrent products, I only want to run two (fosters & john smiths)

1) is there anywhere I can get an instruction book?

2), it only has the metal tubes coming out and in on line one, lines 2,3 & 4 only have little black bungs over the holes, where can I get the metal bits that go in?

3) do I just fill it with water or do I need to some glycerol?

4) as I only want to run two products it has been suggest that I put the fosters into line 1 then bring it out, and put it back into line 2 then out to the pump to make sure it is very cold, is this a good idea?

5) I have a CO2 regulator and cylinder, but have been told mixed gas would be better for the john smiths, would I be best to run the fosters on CO2 and the John Smiths on mixed gas or should I run both on Mixed gas (also should it be 60/40 or 70/30)

6) I have got two beer pumps, one has come out of a pub and has the wrong fittings where could I buy the right fittings to connect it to the cooler?

Sorry for all the questions.

Many thanks is advance

Mike

baldyjason

Post by baldyjason » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:36 pm

it sounds like you just need some jg pushfits try hop & grape ask for john i think

Mike J

Post by Mike J » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:08 pm

Im not sure I explained myself very well.

On the cooler, there should be 8 little metal tubes stick out that the push fit connectors go onto, 4 for beer lines going in and 4 for beer lines coming out, on my cooler I only have 2, 1 for beer into line 1 and 1 for beer our of line 1.

I need to get some more of the little metal tubes so I can use the other lines.

Aleman
It's definitely Lock In Time

Post by Aleman » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:29 pm

Those little metal tubes should be the ends of the chiller coils. :shock: Are you sure the coils are present tin the cooler?

Mike J

Post by Mike J » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:34 pm

Aleman wrote:Those little metal tubes should be the ends of the chiller coils. :shock: Are you sure the coils are present tin the cooler?
Its a maxi 310 cooler, so I believe its a four line cooler, there are little rubber bungs in the metal work of the case, I havent taken the lid off the case, but if I take the bugs out there are things in there and I assumed you got little metal tubes that push in!!!!

Maybe the coils are not there - are there any maxi 310 coolers that only do 1 line??? Maybe I have made a bit of a cock up on my ebay bidding!!!
:oops:

If I take the lid off what should I be looking for???

Mike J

Post by Mike J » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:32 pm

It appears to only have 1 coil, although all the holes for 4 coils, can you buy new coils for these things, if so where from??

Mike J

Post by Mike J » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:48 pm

DaaB wrote:http://www.btowstore.com/epages/Store2_ ... ts/DTS0010

(i'd phone first to check it will fit though)
Great, many thanks for all your help, it will teach me to buy things I dont know a lot about!! :lol:

Aleman
It's definitely Lock In Time

Post by Aleman » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:24 pm

The Maxi 310 is a 4 line chiller with Python . . . I know I have one in my Shed :). The single way is the Maxi 110 . . . But this doesn't have bungs in the case. . . . . I got mine nearly new from a guy that supplies beer festivals, and all the pipes appear to be very firmly in place . . . The only outlets that are loose are the Python outlets, which are supposed to rotate.

You could try Geoffrey at Beer coolers Unlimited although looking at this
It does look as though you can specify the number of ways that are populated when you buy it.