cornelius maxi 300

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
ukmadstu

cornelius maxi 300

Post by ukmadstu » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:31 pm

hi all, i have been lucky enough to be given 4 line chillers for which i have not a clue how to set up. The one that i will more than likely use will be the cornelius maxi 300 as this appears to have 4 in and outs which will do nicely for my 4 cornies. Does anyone have a manual, know what to check for to make sure they are working, idea how to clean them ect. Cant find anything on the web on how to maintain/how they work so at the moment im stuck with my fridge for 2 of my cornies and 2 out of the fridge.

Any help would be appreciated

cheers

stuart

Blackaddler
Under the Table

Re: cornelius maxi 300

Post by Blackaddler » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:30 pm

I can't see them on Cornelius website any more, but here are the .pdf files that I've downloaded previously...

Maxi range

Maxi 110

Maxi 210

Maxi 310

Edit: Any problems with these links, please let me know.
Last edited by Blackaddler on Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ukmadstu

Post by ukmadstu » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:37 pm

cheers blackaddler much appreciated

stuart

Blackaddler
Under the Table

Post by Blackaddler » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:49 pm

No probs.

There are a few threads on here about Maxi chillers. They're pretty simple to operate, once you understand how they work.

One point to mention, is that in the maxi manual, under "User Maintenence" on page 5, it reads...

Do not switch the unit off and on within five minutes.
Last edited by Blackaddler on Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

graemet
Piss Artist

Post by graemet » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:03 am

They're outlets for chilling python beer line, for super chilled beer, best bet, small loop of line connecting them, unless you want extra cold beer, then you need some fancy multi pipe beer line.
Fermenting: Russian Imperial Stout experiment, Raspberry turbo cider, Wilko Rose wine, Plum wine

Keg1: Coopers Euro Lager

Keg2: Empty :(

Keg3: Empty :(

Keg4: Empty :(

Blackaddler
Under the Table

Post by Blackaddler » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:11 am

The 2 outlets pointing upwards are connected to the recirculation pump. You could connect these up to a cooled dispense font, for instance. Otherwise just loop them together.

The others, [IN1 and OUT1 etc] you connect up to your keg/cask and to the method of dispense.

froggi
Piss Artist

Post by froggi » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:36 am

Hi guys
Was exploring the forum and came across this threas and wondered if you might be able answer a query I have.... This morning while sat here contemplating my navel, I had an idea re a wort chiller for when I move on to AG. Being a true Yorkshireman, I prefer to save money where I can and was concerned re the water bill as we're on a water meter, when cooling the hot wort down to pitching yeast temps. Then I saw this thread and thought about the Maxi 210 I recently got from a seller on evilBay (paid £20 for it and a beer font/tap too - bargain!!!)

Right the question is, if I construct a chilling coil, insert a pair of shut off valves (washing machine type) inline and connect a couple of flexible hose lengths to the outlets on the Maxi after priming the cooling coil (reason for the valves). Start the Maxi up and Hey Presto!!!! A cooler that can serve 2 purposes, chilling the wort as well as cooling my beer>

Any thoughts??
Thanks in advance

Blackaddler
Under the Table

Post by Blackaddler » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:55 am

froggi wrote: Right the question is, if I construct a chilling coil, insert a pair of shut off valves (washing machine type) inline and connect a couple of flexible hose lengths to the outlets on the Maxi after priming the cooling coil (reason for the valves). Start the Maxi up and Hey Presto!!!! A cooler that can serve 2 purposes, chilling the wort as well as cooling my beer>
You can use your chiller for cooling wort, but the wort must be below 40C before you use it.

Check this thread and read through the manual first.