grainfather water calcs

A forum to discuss one pot automated brewing systems.
crofter

grainfather water calcs

Post by crofter » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:57 pm

I noticed that grainfather have had a revamp on the water calculations, on the old site the calcs for a 5kg grain bill 17ltr mash 15ltr sparge based on 60 min boil. Now its 17ltr mash and 14ltr sparge and the forum has disappeared all together, have we been given the wrong water calcs in the manual all along I don't know where I'm up to lol :shock:

Fil
Telling imaginary friend stories

Re: grainfather water calcs

Post by Fil » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:32 pm

well ive brewed 4-4.5kg brews using the calcs listed in my mk1 manual with good results and hitting a good 23l final volume??

perhaps the new calcs are based on the new controllers performance, and its boil control may provide less total power ergo less boil off??
pure stab in the dark unfounded speculation..
ist update for months n months..
Fermnting: not a lot..
Conditioning: nowt
Maturing: Challenger smash, and a kit lager
Drinking: dry one minikeg left in the store
Coming Soon Lots planned for the near future nowt for the immediate :(

FUBAR
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Post by FUBAR » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:40 pm

Its still giving the same figures as the instruction book that came with my GF and has always been spot on volume wise with my 60 minute boil.
I buy my grain & hops from here http://www.homebrewkent.co.uk/

I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me - Winston Churchill

crofter

Post by crofter » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:30 am

[quote="FUBAR"]Its still giving the same figures as the instruction book that came with my GF and has always been spot on volume wise with my 60 minute boil.[/quote]

Instruction in manual sparge water calc, 28-17(mash water) + 5 X 0.8 = 15ltrs. My beers have been fine and I always hit my numbers, must be a mistake in the new calcs, better the devil ya know and all that.