marks 2 keg washer

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
brewpete
Piss Artist

marks 2 keg washer

Post by brewpete » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:59 pm

hi am thinking of buying a marks keg washer but cannot find a uk supplier can get them on ebay from the usa but not sure about the voltage :(

f00b4r
Site Admin

Re: marks 2 keg washer

Post by f00b4r » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:51 pm

This shop has the keg washer and the bottle that you can add as well, although I would speak to them with regards to the voltage as I am pretty sure there was someone on here who imported one from the US and plugged it in just via an adapter, breaking it before it even got near a keg.

https://homebrewshop.be/en/search?contr ... it_search=

Fil
Telling imaginary friend stories

Post by Fil » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:30 pm

Why not buy a pond/fountain pump, an ebay footswitch and use an old fv as a reservoir??
a couple of bricks up ended should make a keg stand as long as the top rubbers are intact.
but i am a cheepskate ;)
ist update for months n months..
Fermnting: not a lot..
Conditioning: nowt
Maturing: Challenger smash, and a kit lager
Drinking: dry one minikeg left in the store
Coming Soon Lots planned for the near future nowt for the immediate :(

Digby
Piss Artist

Post by Digby » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:59 pm

Fil wrote:Why not buy a pond/fountain pump, an ebay footswitch and use an old fv as a reservoir??
a couple of bricks up ended should make a keg stand as long as the top rubbers are intact.
but i am a cheepskate ;)
I wouldn't mind a purpose built one some day, but I use a water butt pump with a spray ball attachment in a bucket. All very Heath Robinson but seems to work ok!

Matt

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

brewpete
Piss Artist

Post by brewpete » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:52 pm

hi am thinking of building my own have bought a 1/2 bsp fitting sprayball but cannot find any uk plans want it to flush the posts as well

Fil

Post by Fil » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:58 pm

To flush the posts you will want 2 x disconnects to attach to the posts/keg and a couple of T or Y splitters, yu may need to add a valve or 2 to balance the flow between posts and main jet, just select your feed hose carefully using a tube that wont collapse/kink when filled with warm/hot water..

f00b4r
Site Admin

Post by f00b4r » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:38 pm

f00b4r wrote:This shop has the keg washer and the bottle that you can add as well, although I would speak to them with regards to the voltage as I am pretty sure there was someone on here who imported one from the US and plugged it in just via an adapter, breaking it before it even got near a keg.

https://homebrewshop.be/en/search?contr ... it_search=
I shot Niels an email out of curiosity about this and so that there would be an answer to this question. I got a reply back to say that they sell the 240v version with EU plug, so no transformer required.

sonicated
Hollow Legs

Post by sonicated » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:01 pm

I bought one from homebrewshop.be and got it working at the weekend. This is without doubt the best homebrew investment I have made. I completely broke down, cleaned and then santised two kegs in record time. My back didn't ache and I didn't need to wear gloves (Oxyclean irritates the skin on my hands). I could play with the kids as I was doing it as well.

I needed to cut the European plug off and replace it with our (much superior) British plug, and I added disconnects with some JG fittings to clean the dip tube and gas in. The only thing I would improve is that you can't fit both disconnects on at the same. This isn't really a problem as the gas tube doesn't really need that much cleaning.

One of the kegs was filthy with bits of hops from hop pellets but this cleaned it really easily. I am very impressed!

brewpete
Piss Artist

Post by brewpete » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:43 pm

hi what cleaning stuff are you using

sonicated
Hollow Legs

Post by sonicated » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:47 pm

I use Wilko Oxi Plus Stain Remover at £2 a kilo. It works for me so I can't justify the cost of PBW.

brewpete
Piss Artist

Post by brewpete » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:45 am

hi sorry to keep asking but how much do you put in and how hot does the water have to be to disolve the oxi plus

sonicated
Hollow Legs

Post by sonicated » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:31 pm

It comes with a spoon inside and I use a spoonfull in about 5 litres of warm water. It's a cleaner though so you don't need to be precise, if you think you need more then add it. It's just sanitisers you need to be more precise with.

f00b4r
Site Admin

Post by f00b4r » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:08 pm

Very tempted to grab one of these. I was going to build one but there isn't a huge markup compared to the parts.
I wonder if 4.5L demijohns would fit on (maybe with a spacer)?

brewpete
Piss Artist

Post by brewpete » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:17 pm

yep thats what i thought came to £100 inc delvery have cleaned my no chill cubes with it as well but you have to keep a hold of them

Fil

Post by Fil » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:04 pm

i will eat my earlier words seeing it in action in @sonicated s pic.. finishing a diy solution to its as neat AND suitable for in the kitchen use not just on the lawn on a hot summers day when getting soaked isnt an issue would be tricky to do with a similar budget..