Brewsit Negotiations.

Introduce yourself to your fellow brewers here.
The Epworth Brewer
Tippler

Brewsit Negotiations.

Post by The Epworth Brewer » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:58 pm

Another prodigal son returns. I sold my last AG set up about 2 years ago as it was beginning to show it's age, and as I live in a village with 4 pubs I didn't replace the kit. I don't recall closing my membership on here but must assume that I did. Poor ale quality in our pubs and the way they have gone downhill rapidly this last few years has brought me to the only sensible solution. But there is a problem.

At the weekend I tentatively raised the issue with my managing director (my wife in other words). Her response was swift and not too favourable.
"You promised me that was it when you sold it all. If you start again I'll leave you". Had she put that to me 30 odd years ago it would have been an easy decision. But I don't really fancy living alone again at nearly 70 years old.

So it looks like the negotiations are going to have to be similar to Brexit. However, whereas Boris has set a deadline of 31 December that's too late for me as I would miss the big Christmas period. So I think September 30th is a fair amount of time to come to an agreement before I brew 'with or without a deal'.

That should also give the suppliers time to recover from this nasty bug.

I think I'm being pretty reasonable.

f00b4r
Site Admin

Brewsit Negotiations.

Post by f00b4r » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:09 pm

God luck with the negotiations! Your account probably got deleted for GDPR reasons.
There are a lot of one vessel systems about now at different budgets that have a small footprint if that helps.

IPA
Under the Table

Re: Brewsit Negotiations.

Post by IPA » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:43 am

Seems like a fair enough offer to me =D> Take her up on it before she changes her mind :D
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." Dean Martin

1. Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

The Epworth Brewer
Tippler

Re: Brewsit Negotiations.

Post by The Epworth Brewer » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:22 pm

I am pleased to report that a deal has been swiftly concluded. Full planning permission granted with conditions.
1. "It doesn't come in the house, no fermenting, no cleaning, no weighing,no bottles,nothing".
2." You don't talk about it".
Point 1 isn't a problem as we have a large garage. As for 2, why would I want to talk to her about it,she never discusses her knitting.
She even came out with "you ought to have one of those micro-brewery things so you and your mates are out of the way ", pointing down the garden
There is going to be a price to pay somewhere along the line but so what. I'll self isolate in the garage.