Wild hops - new find.

If you have a hop related question about International Bittering Units or alpha acid, post it here!
bellebouche
Hollow Legs

Re: Wild hops - new find.

Post by bellebouche » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:15 pm

Brief status update. Primary is just about done. Beer has fermented out well. Good colour, clarity.

Aroma? Pear and black currant notes are certainly there but far more muted than expected. I expect them to lift a little when it's carbed up.

So, just to make sure I'm going to dry hop with 3g/l

Seymour: I have your seeds.
Blackadler: I have the plant

Blackaddler
Under the Table

Post by Blackaddler » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:35 pm

A good job jobbed.

bellebouche
Hollow Legs

Post by bellebouche » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:29 am

brief report. It had two weeks in the secondary with the dose above. I took a snap of the bottling sample I slurped - nice clear beer. I'll upload it in a few weeks but... first... my tasting notes.

Full mouthfeel is evident, the grist was a success. the flavours... fruity. the pear is there, the spice not so much... mintyness is there too. very very pleasant beer. I was reminded of a light beaujolais.

after the long primary, long secondary i don't know how much this will carb up... only slight risk as the fullers is so flocculent. I primed with 3g/l so if the bottle conditioning takes it'll be relatively lightly carbed.

It's been in the bottle just a week now, I'll try one tomorrow in the full knowledge that I should wait a little longer!

have found a home for the root I liberated... it'll get planted soon and is already sprouting away. Again, more pics to follow.

seymour
It's definitely Lock In Time

Post by seymour » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:02 pm

bellebouche wrote:...my tasting notes.
Full mouthfeel is evident, the grist was a success. the flavours... fruity. the pear is there, the spice not so much... mintyness is there too. very very pleasant beer. I was reminded of a light beaujolais...
Wow, bellebouche, I gotta say it really sounds like an absolute dream beer. Nicely done!