Comet

If you have a hop related question about International Bittering Units or alpha acid, post it here!
raiderman

Comet

Post by raiderman » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:24 pm

I've just brewed with this and as there isn't much written about it I thought I'd add my thoughts.
This wasn't a scientific test and my habit of using Belgian yeast because it's more fun probably doesn't make this as objective as it could be. Plus a the Comet was pellet I added Challenger to help the run off
Essentially a golden beer, Belgian pale malt, carapils and malted rye for some body.
In 23l 70g of challenger in total. 10g at the start 10g 30m and 25g at 10m then cooled to 80c and another 20g
Comet was 60g during the last 15m and 40g to soak after the boil

according to the wife who tastes better than me;fruity tartness, not quite gooseberry but shape without being acidic a citrus edge. A clear fruitiness. It's hugely aromatic quite piercing but pleasantly fruity definitely a citrus edge.

It's turned out brilliantly

scuppeteer
Under the Table
Location: Brenchley, Kent (Birthplace of Fuggles... or is it?)

Re: Comet

Post by scuppeteer » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:55 pm

Have you tried Donner and Blitzen?
Dave Berry

Can't be arsed to keep changing this bit, so, drinking some beer and wanting to brew many more!

Sir, you are drunk! Yes madam, and you are ugly, but in the morning I shall be sober! - WSC

jubby
Under the Table

Re: Comet

Post by jubby » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:35 pm

Save some of that for the next Cambridge meeting please :boff:
Mr Nick's Brewhouse.

Thermopot HLT Conversion

Drinking: Mr Nick's East India IPA v3 First Gold & Citra quaffing ale
Conditioning:
FV:
Planned: Some other stuff.
Ageing: