Graham Wheeler - Yeast

Share your experiences of using brewing yeast.
PhilB
Piss Artist

Re: Graham Wheeler - Yeast

Post by PhilB » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:38 am

Hi
Sadfield wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:57 pm
guypettigrew wrote:Any chance of a link, please? I can't find it on the CAMRA site.
https://shop.camra.org.uk/books/essenti ... ewing.html
... there's also a page on the Malt Miller's website (link), where it will be available once published and it's interesting that, as sponsor of the book, Malt Miller will also be selling recipe packs for all of the recipes in the book =D>

Personally, while I recognise that Graham was often "scathing" about what the editors and publishers did to his work, he must have had enough confidence in them, at some stage, to have signed over the rights to them to use his work in those ways :? ... and while it may be a shame that the fruits of his later work may not be being utilised here, hopefully his family/estate will be continuing to benefit from sales of the work he had previously produced. Until I've read it, I'm willing to give Andy Parker the benefit of the doubt that he will have incorporated Graham's previous writings into this book respectfully :?

Meanwhile, it's interesting that CAMRA don't seem to be making any moves to suggest that this book is a reworking/update/replacement for BYOBRA ... the recipes in this one are completely different to Graham's ... it's almost as if they're recognising that they need two different books, one for the "traditional CAMRA" members who might want to take up home-brewing (BYOBRA) and another (this one) for those new beer enthusiasts who are excited by the all the new types of beer being made available and want to have a go at making some :? ... just recently there seems to have been a spate of new brewers joining forums with the intention of brewing one of the more complex, yet sparingly detailed recipes from Brewdog's DIY Dog PDF book and looking for help, perhaps this will be the reference we will be able to point them at :?

From the OP's point of view, however, I don't think this "new" book is going to help identify which yeasts are "best" for the recipes in BYOBRA ... for that, I'd suggest picking your recipe and asking on forums such as this, there's lots of knowledge and experience available to leverage :wink:

Cheers, PhilB

guypettigrew
Even further under the Table

Post by guypettigrew » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:47 am

Thanks sadfield. Just ordered the book.

Guy

bitter_dave
Even further under the Table

Post by bitter_dave » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:37 pm

It looks as if there is a book launch if happen to be in the London area on the 17th July:

https://shop.camra.org.uk/catalog/produ ... image/522/