Thornbridge

Share your experiences of using brewing yeast.
robbarwell
Hollow Legs

Thornbridge

Post by robbarwell » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:43 am

Bit of interesting news...

Thornbridge previously used a yeast that was similar to Kelham Island Brewery yeast. Recently this has altered and now Thornbridge use Timmy Taylor in their hop forward cask ales..Jaipur etc

orlando
So far gone I'm on the way back again!
Location: North Norfolk: Nearest breweries All Day Brewery, Salle. Panther, Reepham. Yetman's, Holt

Re: Thornbridge

Post by orlando » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:37 pm

robbarwell wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:43 am
Bit of interesting news...

Thornbridge previously used a yeast that was similar to Kelham Island Brewery yeast. Recently this has altered and now Thornbridge use Timmy Taylor in their hop forward cask ales..Jaipur etc
Interesting, as TT's Landlord is more malt forward with water more chloride than sulphate. :!:
I am "The Little Red Brooster"

Fermenting:
Conditioning:
Drinking: Southwold Again,

Up Next: John Barleycorn (Barley Wine)
Planning: Winter drinking Beer

Hanglow
Under the Table

Post by Hanglow » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:11 pm

They used Holts yeast for their cask and an american yeast for their bottled/kegged beers before, apart from their lagers/speciality beers etc. I wonder what prompted the change?

Hanglow
Under the Table

Post by Hanglow » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:13 pm

I think that that they want to expand by selling out to someone who can fund their expansion, so i assume it has something to do with that. They always have been about getting bigger, which is fine imo, I don't think they have ever alluded to otherwise