Cock Ale

For any alcoholic brew that doesn't fit into any of the above categories!
Mr. Dripping

Re: Cock Ale

Post by Mr. Dripping » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:14 pm

An old member at THBH forum (TubbyShaw) actually made the beer and it turned out very drinkable from what I remember. The thread is probably still there somewhere.

Heron1952
Piss Artist

Post by Heron1952 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:33 pm

CJ (BL***y Berry wasn't it? The reason I stopped brewing in the '70s!! His books should have been pulped not published! :-)
Beer books that is 'cos he seemed to think what worked for homemade wine also worked for beer, it didn't.
aka Rhys

Fil
Telling imaginary friend stories

Post by Fil » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:43 am

Heron1952 wrote:CJ (BL***y Berry wasn't it? The reason I stopped brewing in the '70s!! His books should have been pulped not published! :-)
Beer books that is 'cos he seemed to think what worked for homemade wine also worked for beer, it didn't.
some of his advise was a bit off the wall such as using plastic dustbins for FV'S and using bin liners as fv bags..
i had to buy a copy of one of his books recently just to confirm that i wasnt imagining reading that back in the day, and its what he suggests alright..
ist update for months n months..
Fermnting: not a lot..
Conditioning: nowt
Maturing: Challenger smash, and a kit lager
Drinking: dry one minikeg left in the store
Coming Soon Lots planned for the near future nowt for the immediate :(

YeastFace Brew Co.

Post by YeastFace Brew Co. » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:39 am

I've heard of this before.

I assume the collagen that comes out of the skin and bones aids clarity, but it seems extreme :lol: